B of A payment during stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B of A payment during stay

So, as expected Bank of America closed my online access to my mortgage payment. I tried to go into the local BofA branch and they could not accept the payment either. I was nearly late and did not want to mail it so I called and asked my payment options until discharge....

They can take the payment over the phone, for NO FEE! Thank you BofA for at least realizing that closing all payment avenues except snail mail is inconvenient.

Only advice is: Know your payment amount, the girl could not tell me how much is due, since officially nothing is "due." When I gave her my payment amount she was then able to confirm that her computer showed the same amount, but had me restate for the recording that I was paying voluntarily and that she did not ask me to pay.
    Filed 8/31/10
    341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

A couple days ago I went to WF online and set up all online payments for the next 6 months. I wonder if it will be cancelled once I file.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
      A couple days ago I went to WF online and set up all online payments for the next 6 months. I wonder if it will be cancelled once I file.
      Good timing Freddy. I just posted this: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...k-Paying-Bills

Take a read, working like a charm for me.

PS: Only problem you may have is WF itself and their history of freezing accounts when they learn of BK filings.
      Last edited by ccsjoe; 09-25-2010, 10:22 AM.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I am not sure Freddy, I had no payments set up and pending the day we filed, so I am not sure if they stop them all, my guess is that the day you file they can not by law take any more payments automatically. But I am not positive about that. Let us know when you find out.
        Filed 8/31/10
        341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

Comment

I will be dealing with this too. I put their address in my online bill pay. I am worried that my bank will close my account but I will see when I file. But they have a western union payment too that you can use. If you want that number or the address for payments, let me know
          Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

hi!
            we will be dealing with this also......I called Bank of AMerica and was told the very same thing ...she also told me you get a 10 day grace period.......I was so happy to see this post! as i will be phoning in all payments too...I don;t trust the mail thank again

Comment

Most banks offer various online payment methods, either automatic or one-time, if you have a checking account with them. During and after BK, I made all of my payments via online bill payment, it is very nice and only takes a couple days to clear. My bank didn't freeze my account and I BK'ed a cc with them. I do know that once you file, no one, not even the bank, can take or sieze your money or other assets without a court order. That's a violation of the automatic stay.

B of A promised me during my initial call to them after I filed that they do not reaffirm and once your case is closed, they will resume reporting to the bureau's and reopen my online access. Not yet, I even faxed them a copy of the closing, even if they did reopen online payments, I would probably continue to use my bill pay through my bank...one less login to remember.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X