Question on Chapter 7 paper work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Chapter 7 paper work.

Hi i am going over my paper work from my Chapter 7 discharge. There is a Section that says Chapter 7 Individuals debtors Statement of intention. The part b says Personal property subject to unexpired lease. It has my Auto finance companies name and the name of my car. the box is checked yes where it say Lease will be assumed pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 365(p)(2):

Can someone tell me what this means? If i understand it right its like a reaffirmation of my car lease agreement so i'm still liable correct?
    Last edited by blueking5; 10-26-2010, 02:28 AM.

Yes, you're correct. However, it's just your "intention" so I don't think you're liable yet. I believe there's another form you have to sign and turn in that seals the deal.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Ok thanks my credit report states that the account is closed and discharged thru bankruptcy, balance 0

Comment

Hi blueking,

oh boy, the language around 11 U.S.C. § 365(p)(2) is about as dense and legalese as you can get...
        ...I'm glad I don't have to deal with leases!!

Your credit report says it all, but do you still have the car? Still making lease payments? If so, could you post who the lease is with so others can see what to expect...?

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Its Chase. I told my lawyer that i wanted to keep my car. i still have and and was never later and am still making payments. Im just trying to figure out if i were to stop making payments and tell them to come get it if i would still be liable for the difference

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X