top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Suggestions Would Help Alot! Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Suggestions Would Help Alot! Please.

I've been unemployed for like forever in a long time.

My credit card debt has climbed up to 10k

My car is gone and now I owe around 8k

My student loans are epic high around 40k

*any suggestions on how/where I can consolidate the school loans?*
    <hence my credit used to be near perfect around 720, even though I went through financial hardship would they be understanding and help consolidate my school loans?>

My scenario : I don't have a job = no funds, I'm getting behind each month that passes by. My loans are getting charged off. My student loans they won't work with me even though I have financial hardship.

Could anyone suggest what I should do?

Hi viet,

Ch 7 is the wrong place if your problem is student loans, have you tried the student loan forum?

If your loans are federal (US Dept of Ed) my advice to to be very, very, very persistent.

My wife and I (which means my wife) were very, very, very persistent (couple calls a day, send letter, back to calls, send letters, repeat) but finally got our loans consolidated and into hardship deferrement. Whole process took over a year.

Hope you can squeeze out a good Thanksgiving despite your hardships...

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Hi again viet, forgot this:

hence my credit used to be near perfect around 720, even though I went through financial hardship would they be understanding and help consolidate my school loans?>

Your credit rating should have nothing to do with consolidating if they are through the Dept of Ed.

Are your loans through US Dept of Ed or a private lender? Or combination of both?
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
        Hi again viet, forgot this:

hence my credit used to be near perfect around 720, even though I went through financial hardship would they be understanding and help consolidate my school loans?>

Your credit rating should have nothing to do with consolidating if they are through the Dept of Ed.

Are your loans through US Dept of Ed or a private lender? Or combination of both?

my loans are both.

dept of ed and private lender. and sorry i didnt post about my other debt i have like 2 charged off credit card debt and car loan soon to be charge off im sure.

my total credit card/car debt is around 10k

i've kinda tried to prolong as much as i could till i find a job but now im in the hole...

my school loan banks are sallie mae, chase, wellsfargo, nelnet

my total school loan is around 40k <wishes i never went to college. i can honestly say college ruined my life well just ITT Tech>

all which dont want to work for me, not until i did more researched about financial hardship which imma try to do this friday or monday mourning.

thank you so much for your reply. my heart goes out to you and your wife.

happy thanksgiving

Comment

....ouch! Sounds like you are in worse than we are....the private loans can't be consolidated like Dept of Ed loans....and now they have the same protection in BK court as Dept of Ed loans.

Good luck to you, hope something goes your way soon,

Tom in Colo

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X