Officially a 60 day member!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officially a 60 day member!!

Hello all! My husband and I had our 341 back on February 8th and it couldn't have been easier! We walked out of there with our poker faces on, but when we got to the car, we laughed at how easy it was because we were so worried! The trustee verified our names, gave us the standard speech, asked us the "Yes" and "No" questions he asks everyone, and then dismissed us! We weren't sitting in front of him longer than 3 minutes. I couldn't believe it! He looked very tired and like he just did NOT want to deal with us. That's fine with me!

The trustee has issued his report of no distribution, so now just waiting for discharge!

My only concern is that my attorney told us Best Buy contacted her regarding our debt with them. I bought a computer a little over a year ago, and then we bought some cheap computer monitors and a small 20" LCD TV. We owe them about $1900, but of course their "fine print" says they have a security money interest in the property we buy on their account. (so does Victoria's Secret, but they're not coming after the underwear I bought from them. LOL!) Our attorney says Best Buy NEVER follows through. They always show intent, but then she says they never do anything else after that because they don't know how. Anyone else have any experience with them? I can't imagine them wasting their time and money over $1900 for equipment I know they don't want back because it was obsolete the second we took it out the front door! (and even before that, actually, because we were not buying the latest and greatest stuff)

I think you'll find it's standard practice for a creditor with a security money interest to send out a request for return of the goods. The truth is, they don't want your old computer, because you are right, it's already obsolete and has been replaced by several models in the last year. It never hurts them to ask, just in case someone offers cash in lieu of returning the items. Ignore them, they can pound sand

Congrats on the smooth 341 and the Report of No Distribution! woohoo!!
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X