Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Continuance Questions

Hi All,

So on the day of my 341, I got an email from my attny saying...

"The trustee is interested in additional documents and information:

2010 Tax Return for the debtor’s business
    Explanation of what the business does.
    2009/2010 list of clients
    Billing per client
    Does the business have office space or operate from debtor’s residence?
    Is the business covered by appropriate insurance? If so, please provide insurance company/policy number."

Youch! So I scrambled to get the items together & presented them at the meeting which took place on 4/6.

At the mtg UST asked me the standard questions, glanced at the documents & continued the mtg til 4/28.

During the mtg, my attny did & said nothing, which left me wondering his purpose there. (The mtg was the 1st time I met him, as his paralegal worked me through the filing process).

Since the mtg, no word from anyone & nothing on Pacer - it still says "Awaiting 341 Meeting - Time in Status 49 days."

My attny says to call him the day before the next meeting date & has offered no other explanations or expectations.

So I'm wondering:

Why the last minute document requests?
    Why no update on Pacer - even as simple as the continuance date for the 341?
    Why no explanation from the attny & why so silent during the mtg?
    What to expect at the next mtg?

& yes, I was absolutely honest & forthcoming on all of my debts & income. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In my humble opinion, your attorney should be able to at least provide a reasonable explanation as to why they requested additional information. I have met my attorney for all of 5 minutes, I've been working with a paralegal as well.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

This is exactly why I filed pro se. When you are in the hot seat in front of the trustee YOU must answer all questions NOT your attorney. Which means: you damn well better know and understand everything in your petition and schedules.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X