A Question About Trustee's Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Question About Trustee's Action

We were discharged Dec '10 but not closed yet. We are an asset case only because of 2 cars which were sold in Jan & Feb. Today I saw on Pacer that the Trustee filed a "Application for Compensation" for his fee (about $1600 and expenses, $130) I assume this has to be approved before he can do the distribution of the assets after his fees are deducted.
    My question is: Does this mean it will soon be over and the case will be closed? I surely do hope so. I know the discharge is the main thing, but the case being closed will finally put it to rest for me. Thanks

Sounds like it is winding down. Once he gets his fee and distributes the rest you should be closed.

Comment

Originally posted by daylate View Post
      Sounds like it is winding down. Once he gets his fee and distributes the rest you should be closed.
      I surely hope so. There are only 3 CC companies that filed claims against the assets and their total claims are less than the funds the Trustee has left. The primary reason for the BK is 2 mortgages. Maybe they get whats left over.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter6251 View Post
        My question is: Does this mean it will soon be over and the case will be closed? I surely do hope so. I know the discharge is the main thing, but the case being closed will finally put it to rest for me. Thanks
        Two people that are going to get paid in your bk case:

1. Your lawyer
        2. Your trustee

You're trustee is asking to get paid, and you're getting close!

Good luck.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X