I defaulted almost 3 years ago on $50,000 in credit card debt from BofA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I defaulted almost 3 years ago on $50,000 in credit card debt from BofA

Why have I not been sued? During the past 3 years, I have received maybe 3 letters max from Northstar, a collection agency working on behalf of BofA (I think). I haven't received any harrassing calls, although they have harrassed relatives of mine. My credit report state the account has been charged-off, no sign of it being sold to a collection agency.

Is this typical or are they just waiting until I have more assets/cash before suing??

I would say that they are waiting until you have assets to collect but then again I was sued several years after defaulting and I was and still am totally asset-less AND unemployed. Why they sue who they do and when is beyond me. Consider yourself lucky I guess.

Comment

Have they pulled your credit report?? check to see if they pull it every 6 months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by biotechsolution View Post
        Have they pulled your credit report?? check to see if they pull it every 6 months or so.

FIA Card Services (BofA) and Northstar Location Services both pulled it in April. This is the only time it was pulled during the last 2 years

Comment

I would expect they might be waiting to sue, check your state's statute of limitations on credit card debt as I recall it is 6 years in WA. If you get to the statute and they don't sue, don't worry about it, but for that much I bet they sue right before the statute runs out.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X