Time line for Post Counseling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time line for Post Counseling?

I received the info on where to call to do our post educational counseling. We had our 341 meeting Monday. Do we have a month or so? I noticed we have to pay $50 to do it. You would think there would be no fee since we are all broke going through a 7!
    New beginning

Since December 1, 2010, your certificate of completion of that class must be filed with the court within 60 days of the date first set for the 341 meeting. There are some way less expensive options for you for that post-filing course. Here are a few:

123debtor.com - $9.89 single, $19.69 joint filers (online)
    cfefa.org - $15 single or joint filers (online, or DVD which is $5.50 extra)
    debthelper.com - $15 single or joint filers (online)

Comment

We did ours online for 35 bucks for both of us. It was two hours and was WELL worth the money. We both enjoyed it and actually learned something. You are not roped into one place, your lawyer should have handouts for several. Ours was pleasing. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Just make sure that whichever one you use is authorized in your state. Some of them aren't authorized in all states. We found one that was just under $13 for joint. Here is a link to the page that you can check to see which ones your state allows. List of Approved Debtor Education Providers Just use the drop down menu to find your state.
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X