collection/fee/chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

collection/fee/chapter 7

First off, in two weeks my case will be discharged, super excited. Really it's been a painless experience. It's what I've made up in my head that has driven me nuts!

So I'll try to make this short.
    Filed early May
    We have a timeshare that was listed as an assest/exemption in the BK
    Maintenance fees were included in our expenses
    Received a collection notice in the mail mid April for the maintenance fees we were late on. Sent Money order before we filed to Original creditor.
    Collection agency is telling me we still owe them $300 and counting. It's all their fees. They tell me that they aren't "typical" collection agencies and will not settle. I about spit out my soda. What a crock!

So my questions are:
    I've 'listed' the property on my bk, so I don't need to pay the collection company their fees. Right?

If not, do I still have time to put them in the BK?
    **Filed - 5/4/11 Bring it on! ** 341 - Scheduled for 6/6/11 that wasn't so bad, but continued **Discharge - (after 8/5/11)
    **Credit Scores - 5/4/11 - EQ = 590**EX = 656**TU = 702

Wiser heads then mine will answer the BK portion of your question.

BUT for such...scum, I would simply (if it can't be a simple included in BK) write them - certified return receipt - you paid and dealt with original creditor, debt to original creditor paid in full - therefore, no further payments will be made. Any further contact will be reported to FTC, etc etc etc AND put in your BK lawyer's name - just for the heck of it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X