Chapter 7 due to discharge tomorrow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 due to discharge tomorrow....

So soon, we'll be free, truly free of our debts. We'll still be in foreclosure on our house, but we've moved to a rental and so every day we are not facing the stench of financial failure when we open our eyes.

Only our student loans remain, and I paid off one of them last week with part of the proceeds of a big huge yardsale we had last weekend.
    Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Congrats, that's awesome. I got mine and closed last Thursday, what a sense of freedom!!!!!
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

I know the feeling. That's wonderful. Good luck moving on.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

OOHHHH...startinOver you are sooooooo close. OOOOHHHHH i bet you can almost taste it.
        Thats kewl....a yard sale for a student loan....great!!!! Luv your signature.
        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

It wasn't a yard sale for a student loan, per se... the student loan in question had a balance of only 185.00 and I'd just been paying it without seeing the statements because I work and live in a different city from where my home really is. (I'm home for weekends). There's a ton more from the yard sale and it's being used for getting set in our new rental and a big slug of it going in savings account. Just sold a big bedroom set today for $700. About 1/2 what it's worth, but cash and we don't have to muscle it out of the house, the buyer does.
          Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

I guess i meant more like...a yard sale to help pay for student loan. Sounds like things are workin out for you.
            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Congrats! We are set to be discharged tomorrow as well! We are also going through foreclosure on our house and have yet to move, so I'm still a little stressed out about finding a rental for our family, but knowing the BK is discharged will be a big relief. We're also planning a yard sale, so hopefully we can build up a little money for moving expenses.
              Filed 05/10/11, 341 Meeting 06/02/11, Report of No Distribution 06/02/11, Discharged 08/10/11

Comment

Oh...StartinOver...congrats...you and I are due for discharge on the same day! YEE HAW....
                Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

And same with you and I newdaytoday...looks like we'll be having a discharge block party!
                  Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Mine should be today as well...
                    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011... 341 Meeting: 06/01/2011... Report of No Distribution: 06/01/11... Discharged & Closed: 08/04/2011

Comment

Well, I guess I'll add myself to the list of those whose objection to discharge date was 8/1. Checked PACER this morning and nothing was filed. Now just waiting for discharge and cclosing to be officially entered. Sorry we all hijacked the thread.

Comment

It's official, as of today, we are discharged.

I had such a feeling of relief just for getting as far as filing it because it required quantifying it and laying it out there in black and white, maybe. It was no longer this nebulous, threatening deficiency in our lives. I was slightly nervous at the 341 meeting at first until I saw how cut and dried all the chapter 7's before me were. And this day is truly a rubber stamp day. But its a beautiful rubber stamp of finality. We sold a mess of our stuff a week ago at a big huge yardsale and the last major item a huge bedroom set, was sold a few days later and hubs just texted me that they picked it up this morning. We cleared $2900 for what we sold. Which sounds like a lot for a 2 day yard sale (actually we did it indoors because of the heat index and advertised it was air conditioned huge, etc. A couple family members helped out, which was great because a lot of my favorite things were on the block and they handled many transactions that would have made me cry. I gave everyone carte blanche to make pricing adjustments to get stuff moved, with a couple notable exceptions for which I had outside offers, so not to go below a reasonable amount above those offers.

One of the things my husband chose to sell was our generator. And the very day we considered ourselves officially moved in the new place we had a 2 hour power failure. I bit my tongue hard, because we sac'd that generator for about 25% of what we paid, and it only had 30 something hours on it. I think that was silly, personally. I wanted to hold the price line on it and if we ended up keeping it, so be it. But beyond that, everything went pretty well. There's enough still in the house to hold a typical yard sale, still. Might do that in a couple weeks, if the bank doesn't get antsy about the house being 'abandoned' and lock us out. But we are going there every day and doing stuff there (moving stuff out, watering the plants, mowing the lawn, etc.)

We used some of the proceeds getting our new place situated, and about 1/2 is getting transferred to the savings account. What a sweet feeling that is!

Comment

startinover best wishes!!!

Comment

That is wonderful, StartinOver! Big congratulations! Sounds like you have things well in hand are on your way to a wonderful recovery! Yea!!
                            Any opinion expressed is based on personal experience and/or research. i.e.

Comment

Congratulations!!! Fabulous total for your yard sale. Good luck with moving on .
                              Filed 05/10/11, 341 Meeting 06/02/11, Report of No Distribution 06/02/11, Discharged 08/10/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X