Phone calls have started.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone calls have started.

As of yesterday, two cc companies have started calling due to non-payment. I'm already setup with Google Voice, but they must have my other numbers archived. They're calling me at home, my office, and on my cell.

I've read through some old threads, but I'm still unsure. Should I tell them we'll be filing in a couple of weeks? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I started getting the calls after I missed my July 1st payment. I went ahead and told them I was filing and gave them my attorneys number. The phone calls stopped right away and it has been quiet since.

Comment

My phone rang constantly for about one year until I filed. Most of the time, I just didn't answer the phone. I had so many calls, that my answering machine ended up broken.

I didn't refer calls to my lawyer, since I hadn't asked. When I did answer the phone, which was seldom, I was very vague, saying I hoped I could do something for them in the near future. Not wanting to tip my hand, I never mentioned that I'd soon be filing. Then after I filed, it was actually kind of fun, to give out my case number and attorney info, to the few that filtered through. :-)

Well, best of luck.

Comment

I made sure I answered the calls,confirmed it was me, told them I was having financial problems, and hung up without giving them a chance to speak. Each creditor who called would not call back again that day, sometimes for a week.

Before I started doing this, I would ignore the calls and they would call all day. When I started answering the calls, I found it made me a thousand times less anxious.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X