top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do they check with the Cable Co or CellPhone Co to see what I own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they check with the Cable Co or CellPhone Co to see what I own?

Do they ever check my cable bill to see if I have service for HD, or for multiple TVs? Pay channels?

Do they check my cellphone bill to know what kind of phone I have?

Do they ever take cellphones?

Hi MBeach. No, no, and no.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
      Hi MBeach. No, no, and no.
      Chill drowning 123. Sounds like it's time to have a little talk with Mr. Daniels or Mr. Beam or Mr. Dickel and relax a bit.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I was chill, frogger. Just wanted to keep the answer short. Not much more to add there. What would have been your answer?
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
          I was chill, frogger. Just wanted to keep the answer short. Not much more to add there. What would have been your answer?
          I think I was too chill there...... Let me try this again:

Chill Mbeach.

(Sorry drowning, wrote the wrong name.) You done good.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.

Comment

Phew! I was gonna say. . . LOL.

Comment

Thanks, this is good news. I think us newbies tend to imagine the monsters are worse than they really are. I value the inputs of people who have been there, done that... Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MBeach222 View Post
                Thanks, this is good news. I think us newbies tend to imagine the monsters are worse than they really are. I value the inputs of people who have been there, done that... Thanks
                We have all seen those monsters that you speak of, hiding in the closet and under the bed. The bk process is sort of like growing up. As you get older (and wiser?), you realize that these monsters are part of your imagination.

As you begin to understand that bk is a process, not an event, you will develop a much better understanding of the process.

And as always, hindsight, is really an eye opening experience. You'll find yourself saying:

If I only knew then what I know now.....

Comment

lol

Comment

I have to wonder, what on earth kind of cell phone do you have that you're concerned about it being seized by the trustee? Is it diamond-encrusted? If that's the case, then you should be concerned, lol.
                    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
                      I have to wonder, what on earth kind of cell phone do you have that you're concerned about it being seized by the trustee? Is it diamond-encrusted? If that's the case, then you should be concerned, lol.

Nothing too fancy, but my BK will be taking place around the same time Apple launches it's new iPhone 5, and my phone is old, so I would like to upgrade. Its a $200 expense, but carries a 2-year contract, meaning if I lose the handset to the Trustee I assume I'd still owe AT&T the monthly fee for two years. I am not planning to discharge any phone/utility charges in the BK.

Thanks

Comment

Mbeach222 - then I hate to say it a) trustee won't know, AND/OR b) the sale value of a used Iphone is nil, AND/OR c) he doesn't care.

Where I work, half the staff HAVE to have a phone from work, and most folks opted for the Iphone (our work carrier is Verizon) so an Iphone isn't that "odd" any more...

[I think Android/HTC is way better! :-) ]

Originally posted by MBeach222 View Post
                        Nothing too fancy, but my BK will be taking place around the same time Apple launches it's new iPhone 5, and my phone is old, so I would like to upgrade. Its a $200 expense, but carries a 2-year contract, meaning if I lose the handset to the Trustee I assume I'd still owe AT&T the monthly fee for two years. I am not planning to discharge any phone/utility charges in the BK.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                          Mbeach222 - then I hate to say it a) trustee won't know, AND/OR b) the sale value of a used Iphone is nil, AND/OR c) he doesn't care.

Where I work, half the staff HAVE to have a phone from work, and most folks opted for the Iphone (our work carrier is Verizon) so an Iphone isn't that "odd" any more...

[I think Android/HTC is way better! :-) ]
                          Agree with IamOld...I have an andriod HTC...the EVO...it's amazing...even though that's not what this thread is about
                          Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X