Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awaiting Closing???

Hey guys,

I don't have a Pacer account so I called the number I got off the BK website to get automated info about my case. It said the status of my case is awaiting closing. Nothing about awaiting discharge...just awaiting closing. Am I missing something here? It's only been 33 days since my 341.
    Stopped paying creditors - August 2010....Filed chapter 7 - July 29, 2011....341 - September 2, 2011....DISCHARGED AND CLOSED - November 2, 2011

Patience grasshopper. Give it 60 days, then you will see things start to happen.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      Patience grasshopper. Give it 60 days, then you will see things start to happen.
      Lol. I was just wondering about my case because I had not heard anything about my case since the 341 and have always been nervous that the trustee would want my Jeep. I guess she doesn't. So, instead of getting a Pacer account and stalking it (I soooo would) I decided to call that number. I just wanted to hear "no distribution". I didn't hear that but I heard "awaiting closing" which confused me a little.
      Stopped paying creditors - August 2010....Filed chapter 7 - July 29, 2011....341 - September 2, 2011....DISCHARGED AND CLOSED - November 2, 2011

Comment

Just an FYI, your discharge and closing may not come at the same time. Our discharge was 9/1/11 and our closing was 9/21/11.

Just be patient...I think I checked PACER a thousand times watching for my status to change.
        5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
        7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
        9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

If I had a Pacer account I would be seriously stalking that thing. Lolol. I'm trying to be very patient and I'm actually doing very well...better than I thought and much better than usual. It just seems like the 60 days goes by sooo slow. BUT, I can wait...

Comment

I checked pacers so much, my attorney asked me, "How do you have access to pacers?" I do have an account for my job (my employer is well aware that i was checking) that definitely got its share of work while waiting. I was discharged on the 28th of Sept, but i have to deal with a reaffirmation meeting that i think was scheduled in error (the order of things filed probably caused the judge to request a hearing - long frustrating story...). My case probably wont close until after the new year if i had to guess, but that being said i got my discharge, which is the most important part!!!

p.s. Read this - http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...after-Your-341

Comment

I am reaffirming 2 vehicles. Is a reaffirmation hearing standard? I signed the papers at the 341 meeting while waiting to be called. I'm just hoping I don't have to go downtown anymore. Anybody???

Comment

Originally posted by ecoastbound View Post
                I am reaffirming 2 vehicles. Is a reaffirmation hearing standard? I signed the papers at the 341 meeting while waiting to be called. I'm just hoping I don't have to go downtown anymore. Anybody???
                I'm in FL also. I reaffirmed 2 vehichles. One was approved and one was denied. I did not have to attend any hearing.
                "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Denied??? Really??? Seems like the bank would want you to reaffirm especially if your current. What was bank it? I'm with Ally and TD Bank.

Comment

It's not the bank that's denying, it's the bankruptcy court, because its not really in the debtor's best interests to take the dischargeable debt back on.
                    Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

Ah, I see. Fortunately, I don't think I will have that problem. Thanks.

Comment

I was told the meetings are not standard. You typically only get scheduled for a meeting if you (or your attorney) checks the hardship box on the reaffirmation agreement. I had equity in my vehicle that i had to buy back to keep the car. When i compared replacing the vehicle with just paying the equity, paying the equity made more sense in my case.

The agreement to purchase the assets from my estate by me was not filed before the reaffirmation agreement, so i do believe i got red flagged. How can i sign a reaffirmation if there is equity. Since the scheduling of the hearing, the trustee filed notice that i paid to keep the car. I keep hoping i will get a notice that cancels the meeting because it is scheduled for oct 18th, and i am due to have my first baby girl oct 22nd. If not, and if i am in the hospital, my attorney told me he would attend and that the judge would reschedule (i thought it was weird they wouldnt consider rescheduling based on my circumstances, but then again, i am sure they get all kinds of excuses, and who is to say that i wont be able to attend that day?! LOL).

Anyway, my case was a bit different because i was also nonconsumer and had almost 2mil in debt from a failed business, and had equity in cars that i was able to buy back from the estate with my employers help. I am sure you will be fine.

Comment

Ah, I see. Fortunately, I don't think I will have that problem. Thanks.
                          The one that was denied was $1000 loan. I can easliy afford it. My attorney said when you are trying to reaffirm 2 loans the judge usually only approves one and denies the other.
                          "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Oh, wow! At what point do you find out both aren't going to be approved? One is for my car and the other is my daughters car that I pay for. Obviously, I need a car and my daughter is a college student and works part time. He school is 25 miles away and she needs hers to get to school and work. Both payments are pretty low...around $500 a month for both. I hope they approve it.

Comment

Oh, wow! At what point do you find out both aren't going to be approved? One is for my car and the other is my daughters car that I pay for. Obviously, I need a car and my daughter is a college student and works part time. He school is 25 miles away and she needs hers to get to school and work. Both payments are pretty low...around $500 a month for both. I hope they approve it.
                              I got a letter from the court stating it was denied about 2 weeks ago. I never knew the other one was approved until I called the car company.

If it does get denied you "most likely" can keep the car. Most lenders let you still pay and keep the car as long as you are current. You will have to call and find out what their policy is if it's denied.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X