Can I keep paying creditor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I keep paying creditor?

I was going to keep paying a creditor while I am getting ready to file chapter 7 I have but not the other ones. Is this allowed? I heard something about paying one creditor and not the rest is a no no as it shows you are giving the creditor special treatment. Is this true or am I misunderstanding this?

I don't think that's allowed but why would you want to do that anyway if you are filing BK. You have to list all your creditors in your BK. You can't exclude just one and keep on paying them. Depending on what kind of a creditor you are talking about. Actually when I filed Chapter 7 I don't think I included Sam's club as it had a zero balance and I used it after I was discharged.
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

It is a badcock acct

Comment

ah, Nice furniture. No wonder you want to keep paying on it. Can you exempt it? From reading a little bit about Florida it sounds like they are pretty stringent in these types of things. How much are you talking about and how old are the things you bought?
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Well about a year of payments. Have a window a/c, matress, tv, and a washing machine.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff6898 View Post
            I was going to keep paying a creditor while I am getting ready to file chapter 7 I have but not the other ones. Is this allowed? I heard something about paying one creditor and not the rest is a no no as it shows you are giving the creditor special treatment. Is this true or am I misunderstanding this?
            I am admitting i did this. I no longer had money to pay my cc's so quit paying them in march of last yr. Had a dental emergency to the tune o f 5500. something and the dentist opened a Carecredit acct for me and i payed on that for 3 months before my atty told me to stop .AND i said but , but, but!!!
            had no problems.
            Last edited by oregonpilot; 11-12-2011, 07:21 PM.
            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X