tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tired

341 on 11/29/11, no asset, and hoping for the discharge within a week.

that being said, i'm tired. tired of checking this site everyday to see if i "missed something" that will affect the discharge, tired of checking pacer (although i only do it once on the weekends) to see if anything has come up to worry about, just plain tired.

things were looking so well, after years of "should we, shouldn't we" we finally filed. my husband sold his business in august 2011 just to be done with it, found a great new job that allowed us to be able to pay the IRS outside the bankruptcy. that being said, he was laid off in early january. so much for our new start. he had a feeling he wasn't going to be there long, he wondered why they even hired him because he didn't have anything to do, so we were able to save up enough money that will sustain us for a few months.

so here we are, barely getting by. grocery budget of $50/week for me, him, and our 6 year old. yeah, we could cut off the cable and internet, and sit at home and look at each other day in and day out. but that's our only form of entertainment. i guess i'm just lucky i have a bed to sleep in because i'm so tired. this morning the cat turned over my son's cup of milk. the last of the milk we had. so there i was, literally crying over spilled milk. and this is what life has come to.

i'm usually a lurker, but as i've said, i'm on the site everyday. thanks for all the knowledge and encouragement. i just felt the need to complain, even though as i sit here, i know i'm in alot better position that some.

(((hugs))))
    sorry to hear.... that stinks....
    have you applied for benefits?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Sorry to hear this so close to your discharge date. Many times its more of a two steps forward and one step back thing in life. Break it down, take one week (or day at a time), you are so close to discharge and having your case closed that in of itself is something to celebrate in my book. The lay off is something that could happen anytime when you work for someone else and yes it does stink that this is the "new start" period but at least you are not trying to figure out how to pay the min payments on the cc anymore! Sometimes it just seems like you cannot get a break and I know that many of us here know the feeling well, Hang in there you can always come here to vent.

Comment

(((hugs))) to you. Please take care of yourself.

Comment

((((HUGS))))

I am so sorry this has happened to you. It stinks, But, you still have blessings to count. You have a roof over your head, a warm bed to sleep in, and money to keep you afloat for a few months.

Do apply for food stamps. I'm pretty sure you would qualify for more than $50/week, and maybe even other benefits as well. Some areas will give you a cash allowance. Anything you get will help stretch your savings a bit further.

And, any time you need a shoulder to cry on, we're all here.
          Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
          Discharged! June 28, 2012
          Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X