Dang I already screwed myself I think - filed BK 7 on PAYDAY :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang I already screwed myself I think - filed BK 7 on PAYDAY :(

Yes, I now know this was a bad idea to 'snapshot' myself like this...a nice $2400 credit applied the day I filed, and I had $1400 in savings. $306 went to the filing fee my usual and customary expenses...at the end of the week, I have $100 in checking and $400 in savings...am I screwed, and will have to pay BACK cash?

I tried to exempt as much as possible, but I think I'm already off to a bad start

Thoughts?

Did you use KY or Federal exemptions? The Federal exemptions have a $10k + wild card if you don't have any (or very little) home equity to exempt - did you use that to exempt your savings or checking? If you can't exempt it or amend your petition to exempt it, I imagine the Trustee will likely take it.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

If it can be considered income that was declared, I don't think the trustee will take it because they know the individual filing for bankruptcy needs to pay for their household expenses. Filing bankruptcy is supposed to help someone, not further destroy their lives. I would ask your bankruptcy attorney and abandon the bankruptcy petition if necessary and disclose it at the 341 meeting to the bankruptcy trustee.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X