Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report - After BK7

Hello BKForum,

I need a little help please. I filed for Chapter 7 BK in June 2010. My BK was discharged without any issues.

The only problem that I have is that I'm not sure as to what the discharged debt status is suppose to state. I've researched on this site and did some Google searching, but I'm still a little confused. I did complete my BK7 pro se' with the help of this site and NOLO BK book.

I'm going to pull my credit report to make sure that everything is stated correctly. I would truly appreciate any assistance from the forum.

Thanks in advance.

"Included in Bankruptcy" with a zero balance is the desired status of anything that was discharged in BK. That being said, you can expect that your history prior to filing - lates, over limits, etc - be reported accurately in the history of the credit line.

Anything that was reaffirmed...that's a different story, and how it is reported is largely up to the credit issuer.

One piece of advice - when you start the journey of correcting your credit reports, make sure that you do so via regular mail (certified return-receipt) rather than by email or electronic means. Trust me.

Comment

Great Advice...thanks "btbeme"! I'm going to do just that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X