Filed the end of May and we received a judgement summons today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed the end of May and we received a judgement summons today

We signed off on our bankruptcy paperwork with the lawyer on the 28th of May. Now today we got a summons to appear in our general district court for a debt we included in our bankruptcy. The lawyer has a copy of the "threat" letter, but will the general district court get a copy of the bankruptcy or do I need to take that to court?

Also, we have an auto loan thru wells fargo dealer services. Wondering if anyone has had experience with them in bankruptcy. Our lawyer indicates that they will require us to reaffirm, but that the current judge (who is leaving the bench at the end of July) will force them to do a "ride through." We must keep the vehicle, as it is the only one we have that will fit us and our 3 kids in. It is approx $1500- $2000 upside down.

We haven't received our bankruptcy information in the mail yet giving us the case number etc. However we did receive something from a company wanting us to use their online service for our pre-discharge course. It had our case # listed in it! I am baffled that they have our case # before we do.....We dont plan on using this company (our lawyer has given us another one to use) but that is odd that they have our case number already!

Originally posted by crystald1156 View Post
    We signed off on our bankruptcy paperwork with the lawyer on the 28th of May. Now today we got a summons to appear in our general district court for a debt we included in our bankruptcy. The lawyer has a copy of the "threat" letter, but will the general district court get a copy of the bankruptcy or do I need to take that to court?
    The same thing happened to me. I got a summons the day after I signed my BK paperwork. I gave a copy of it to my BK attorney & I assume he replied to the plaintiff or the court that issued it, because I didn't hear anything about it after that. You're protected under the BK laws from the summons. Your attorney should be able to take care of it for you. ETA: (The Plaintiff will also be notified of your bankruptcy, which will halt/eliminate the lawsuit)

I don't have any experience with Wells Fargo Dealer Services, so I can't comment on that.

Originally posted by crystald1156 View Post
    We haven't received our bankruptcy information in the mail yet giving us the case number etc. However we did receive something from a company wanting us to use their online service for our pre-discharge course. It had our case # listed in it! I am baffled that they have our case # before we do.....We dont plan on using this company (our lawyer has given us another one to use) but that is odd that they have our case number already!
    If your case has been issued a number, then you're on PACER. I suspect those types of companies troll PACER to mass-mail solicitations for their services.

Good luck!!
    Filed Ch7 11/2011, 341 - 12/5/11, 12/6/11 - Trustee's Report of No Distribution - No Funds
    Deadline to file Objections: 2/3/12, DISCHARGED & CLOSED 2/10/12!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X