"The Sherrif is coming to serve you papers..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NSH View Post
    I disagree, Pandora. But I won't argue with you about it. I will state my POSITION one final time.

1. Actually, I have had some very good reasons not to file until now, not the least of which includes NOT making enough money to save the BK fees, which in my case will be much more sizable than your standard cookie-cutter $1.5K BK! Everyone has already told me this and I simply CANNOT afford to pay that kind of money yet.

2. I am NOT feeling sorry for myself or sticking my head in the sand. I know FULL WELL the implications of this decisions and precisely what the benefits and consequences are to putting it off, and I am CHOOSING to get more information, because there may actually be a chance (though a remote one) that much of the debt I have will disappear with time OR that my creditors including the IRS will take pennies on the dollar. True story: About $100K of my huge business debts were forgiven by Bank Of America! That includes a couple of CC's, loans, and lines of credit! BOA basically wrote off my whole debt to them! Who else will do that and who else might I be able to really chisel down? One thing I know is the longer I wait, the longer these credit card companies have to realize that they aren't getting SQUAT from me. In addition, at least TWO LAWYERS told me that after 9 or 10 years (I forget) as long as you filed, your taxes disappear. Now, while I know NOTHING about this, and a tax preparer in this forum states that isn't true (which maybe it isn't, I don't know) it is worth researching.

3. Since I kept such HORRIBLE records, even though I made no money from my failed business, I DO NOT want to be audited for those years by the IRS, if it is at all possible. So the longer I wait (hopefully) the more "other years" they will have to audit me for and not the ones while I was in business.

Now you guys can be nasty to me all you like. Hell, I even get it. This is your sort of Internet version of "tough love" which you believe is for my own benefit. Kind of like hazing the new guy in an anger management class to get him to lose his temper and realize he has a problem he isn't seeing. I get it. You think I am not aware, hiding from the truth, or feeling sorry for myself.

I'm not. So if you guys want to gang up on me and make categorical assumptions, (shrug) that's fine. I am not going to lose any sleep over getting "ganged up" on in a forum and everyone taking the moderator's side. Hell, you can even ban me from the forum if you like. But I have delineated my situation clearly, and I firmly believe that this is the right course for me, and YES, the questions I asked I wanted answer to, which, thanks to a few very helpful members, I received.

So I am WELL AWARE of the dangers and benefits to what I am doing, and your "tough love" approach is not going to convince me of anything. I am, however, open to TALKING about this and discussing it, as well as LEARNING from you. But I have taken enough SHIT from my creditors and from my situation, that I can choose to ignore comments that I think are snippy or a little insulting, yes, even if your intent is not to be insulting. SO I now feel I have fully explained my position and I have no need to argue further.

So thank you for all your help, everyone, and I definitely want to continue talking about this, but I DO NOT want to argue. Seriously, we don't have to be Internet tough guys. Let's try to be nice. That's all I am asking.

Edit: Look, if I seem NOT receptive to any negative energy, I apologize, BUT at the same time, I am not, at least not about this topic and not at this time in my life. You want to argue tech, music, videogames, athiesm Vs theism, creation Vs Evolution? Fine. Then I am prepared to have a heated debate and deal with any perception of "tough love" you may have. But ask yourself this: If I am not going to be receptive to a certain tone or attitude, which I think I have made clear, then is it really that important for you to "win an forum fight" with me? I am not here to fight and argue, and about this, which is far more personal to me than some of you might be prepared to tolerate, and that is fine. But if you see that a certain approach is causing me to shut down and be defensive, then right or wrong, why not lose that attitude? That's what I would do if I were trying to help someone and not just "win."
    Couldn't agree with you more.

Comment

Last edited by ksgirl38; 06-15-2012, 09:01 AM. Reason: posted twice by accident

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X