Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just filed

Ok - so I just filed a week ago today.

I have one major concern , as I'm trying to keep this away from my parents (at least for now_)

So, I had one item on my credit report that we had to list as a debt. It's a credit card in my mothers name, and she had a card generated for me as well (added me as an authorized user).

I called and canceled my card the night before I filed for BK.

When the creditor receives notice that I filed, what are they going to do? Send a letter to my mother's house letting her know that card on her account had filed for BK?

I'm so worried!!

Have both you and your mother used the card? I am assuming that you both have. Do you both pay toward the bill, or is she the primary bill payer? If payments are made on time, I don't think there is anything to worry about. I don't know if anything will show up on the monthly statement about you closing out your card. It has been so long since I have had an actual credit card statement...

Good luck to you.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Parents do not stop loving their children just because they file for bankruptcy. No matter what happens, they will understand.

Comment

Parents are more understanding than you think, but only you know the relationship you have with your mother. I told my parents right away. Rip off that band-aid! It will do you a world of good. Weight off your shoulders.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
          Parents do not stop loving their children just because they file for bankruptcy. No matter what happens, they will understand.
          I wish it were that easy. I know they won't stop loving me, but our relationship would be severely damaged. They warned me hundreds of times to stop gambling, and thought I had....but I kept it a lie because I was embarrassed, and it led me to BK.

Comment

Bawl your eyes out when you tell them, which I'm sure will come naturally, because I know you feel you've disappointed your parents. Don't carry this secret around for too long, though. Free your mind.
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

If you were merely an authorized user then the creditor probably does not have your SS#. So when they get the notice of the BK filing, it will likely not be noted on her account at all.
              ~Staci
              Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Did you tell your mom you closed out your card?

Just out of curiosity I logged onto my credit card accounts after I filed to see what they'd say. The Chase one no longer had an account listed and the AT&T Universal wouldn't allow me to log on. Worst case you could always tell her that they must have closed hers out by mistake. It's a credit card company, not the brightest individuals so totally believable. I can understand not wanting your family to know. I never did receive any letter or anything in the mail from any of my credit card accounts.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X