341 meeting Thursday / terrified about gambling questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting Thursday / terrified about gambling questions

I have $30,000 in debt almost solely due to gambling. I think I had my last activity 2-3 weeks before filing, but I wasn't using any of the credit...just my paycheck.

Anyways, I am terrified about the grilling I'm going to get from the trustee. My lawyer says not to worry, but I've been researching some of the horror stories online where trustees become livid with gamblers and file for dismissal AND criminal charges (?)

I'm so scared!

It is unlikely any questions related to your gambling will come up. I cannot remember our trustee asking any lifestyle question of the five people that went before us, or us. There was a couple that had filed before (old law) and the trustee asked what happened to bring them back to filing again, and one elderly lady trying to do it pro se, was encouraged every so often, that she should really consult an attorney--she had lots of mistakes, but he was very patient--and that was it.

Have your SS card and DL handy. Get plenty of rest the night before--hard, I know. Bring only what you were told to bring, and leave plenty early so that you will have ample time should traffic or parking problems arise.

Also, stop reading the horror stories!

Good luck, and keep us posted.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Listen to your lawyer. He/she has probably seen it all before. You aren't the first with a gambling habit, won't be the last either.
      I know it's scary. It may help a little to go sit in on some 341's to get a feel for the local tts' style. Most are over and done in 5 min or less. They only tend to get weird when the filer and/or lawyer go in totally unprepared. There is very little chance that you will get "grilled".... but go give a listen and calm your fears.

Meanwhile, and more importantly than any grilling could possibly be ---- PLEASE tell us that you are going to GA and getting your habit under control. That's really what is most important.

Good luck, and keep hanging out with your pals here. We'll get you thru whatever happens.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
        Listen to your lawyer. He/she has probably seen it all before. You aren't the first with a gambling habit, won't be the last either.
        I know it's scary. It may help a little to go sit in on some 341's to get a feel for the local tts' style. Most are over and done in 5 min or less. They only tend to get weird when the filer and/or lawyer go in totally unprepared. There is very little chance that you will get "grilled".... but go give a listen and calm your fears.

Meanwhile, and more importantly than any grilling could possibly be ---- PLEASE tell us that you are going to GA and getting your habit under control. That's really what is most important.

Good luck, and keep hanging out with your pals here. We'll get you thru whatever happens.
        Thanks - I am going through online therapy and it is helping!

My attorney thinks the gambling will be questioned because we listed it as income (offset by immediate losses).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X