Trying to find the posts about Best Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to find the posts about Best Buy

I've done a search for Best Buy and nothing's coming up. How did everyone handle owing Best Buy? Our lawyer's assistant mentioned reaffirming the things we owe for (laptop and refrigerator) at the current market rate. That sounds like a bad deal to me. Does Best Buy ever really try to get the items back? The refrigerator was purchased over a year ago (a scratch and dent floor model), and the laptop was purchased in April (it's the lowest level Macbook Pro).

Thanks!

Best Buy CC was HSBC, now Capital One. As far as I know, it is treated like any other unsecured CC you are listing on BK (mine was.) As far as the refrigerator and laptop, you list those as assets along with your other household items, yard sale equivalent value. Like all your other assets, they are subject to your exemption limits. Best Buy or Cap One won't take them, and there is nothing to reaffirm, it is not secured by your items like a car loan. Don't know why your lawyer's asst. would even mention reaffirming.

This is based on my experience with my Best Buy card; experts please correct if I'm wrong or Texas laws are different.

Comment

Thanks! Maybe the asst. wasn't aware that it's not a "Best Buy" card but an actual credit card. You're right, mine is now Capital One. I'm going to give my lawyer's office a call and see what they say.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X