top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative ways to use funds immediately before filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative ways to use funds immediately before filing?

Well, we were planning on filing on Monday, but our attorney won't have everything ready by then. He's been really busy, so I guess it's a booming business!

Anyway, one more trip to the grocery store and I would have been all set with very low bank accounts. My husbands paycheck will be direct deposited on Tuesday and mine will be deposited Thursday. Still not sure exactly which day we will actually file. I figured I'd prepay some bills (electric, water, etc.) to use up the funds right before filing, but does anyone have any other creative ways I could use some funds? Would it be okay to get a couple gift cards at the grocery store, or would that be obvious? We truly do have 2 birthdays at the end of the month.

I just realized that "prepay" was probably the wrong way to put it. I have these bills and the payments are scheduled through my online bill payer, I would just move up the date.

Comment

If you can prepay some insurances, such as auto, home, and health, those will help.

If you have been putting off a repair to a car, or putting off new tires, take care of those.

Good wishes to you!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I see you are in Florida. If your electric company is Florida Power & Light Co., you very likely won't be able to prepay. We have FP&L, and I would love to throw an extra $100.00 at them, now and then as it comes in, but no.

Comment

Good ideas, thank you! I actually have a dental appt at the end of the month that will be almost $400. I wonder if the dentist would let me prepay I'll call the office Monday, although I'm sure they'll wonder why.

We have OUC, but I already have the bill, so I could pay it early. Never thought I'd feel pressure trying to spend money!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
            I see you are in Florida. If your electric company is Florida Power & Light Co., you very likely won't be able to prepay. We have FP&L, and I would love to throw an extra $100.00 at them, now and then as it comes in, but no.

Hey you can throw that extra 100,000 my way

Whoops read 100,00 I see it's 100.00

Comment

Originally posted by baker21 View Post
              I actually have a dental appt at the end of the month that will be almost $400. I wonder if the dentist would let me prepay I'll call the office Monday, although I'm sure they'll wonder why
              I almost suggested 'Dentist Appointments', but didn't. Most dentists that I know of will let you pre-pay for a procedure that is going to be pricey. And they won't ask why. That will be a good call. Get any medical/health care situations out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
                Hey you can throw that extra 100,000 my way

Whoops read 100,00 I see it's 100.00
                I wish I could pamkev, but alas, we are almost always behind. When we do catch up, I wish I could pay $100.00 ahead, so as to have a little credit balance to soften the blow of the next month. Sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by baker21 View Post
                  My husbands paycheck will be direct deposited on Tuesday and mine will be deposited Thursday. Still not sure exactly which day we will actually file.
                  Make sure your attorney knows this. You file when you are under the cash limit for doing so, regardless of the attorney's schedule. Otherwise you are flushing cash down the toilet as well as opening up an assets case that will take much longer to close.

Comment

My attorney knows about the deposits. This is frustrating because we were all ready to file tomorrow. I had the accounts at a perfect amount. I just want to get going with our fresh start, and I'm not able to save a dime yet. I'm so nervous something unexpected will come up and we have no cash or any way to pay.

Just got to think positive!

Comment

My atty told me not to prepay anything more than 2-3 mos.
                      Chapter 7 filed: 5/12/13 (over median - no asset) | 341 Hearing: 6/12/13 (Bass & Associates appeared for Best Buy) | Report of No Distribution: 6/12/13 | Discharged 8/18/13 | Case Closed: 8/18/13

Comment

But what I did with "money" I got pre BK: dental work, eyeglasses, vet bills, groceries ( A LOT), prepaid gas cards, and prepaid my phone, electricity, cable and insurance two months.
                        Chapter 7 filed: 5/12/13 (over median - no asset) | 341 Hearing: 6/12/13 (Bass & Associates appeared for Best Buy) | Report of No Distribution: 6/12/13 | Discharged 8/18/13 | Case Closed: 8/18/13

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X