top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are / can "business" credit cards be included in personal Bankruptcy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are / can "business" credit cards be included in personal Bankruptcy ?

2 of my many credit cards are titled in the name of my old business (an S corporation) which dissolved earlier in the year because I didn't renew it on time. I'm sure these 2 cards (and balances) are guaranteed or tied to my personal SSN. Can these easily be included in a bankruptcy, or is this a separate process altogether? Should I keep this old corporation dissolved, or is there any advantage to bringing it back (current) as part of this process ?

If you are the responsible for the 2 cards, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to include them in your bankruptcy. I had about 15 credit cards when I filed my chapter 13 in 2010, and at least 1/2 of them were business cards. I don't see what the advantage would be to "bring back" your corporation, before you file.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxedExpat View Post
      2 of my many credit cards are titled in the name of my old business (an S corporation) which dissolved earlier in the year because I didn't renew it on time. I'm sure these 2 cards (and balances) are guaranteed or tied to my personal SSN. Can these easily be included in a bankruptcy, or is this a separate process altogether? Should I keep this old corporation dissolved, or is there any advantage to bringing it back (current) as part of this process ?
      Leave it dissolved! Your corporation will not get a discharge on the debts, however you should list them in your petition in order that you personally receive a discharge. Problem solved.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X