It is officially over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is officially over!

We received our discharge today... While it is a relief that it is over, it almost seemed like a non-event, as the stress leading up to the filing and 341 date was a lot more significant (at least for us) than waiting on the discharge. It feels kind of odd...

We are surrendering our home, and our first mortgage filed a motion for relief from stay and an order was granted approving their motion prior to our discharge, but they still have not taken any action. Isn't that odd - they would pay attorneys to file a motion, attend a hearing, and then not proceed with it? Since we're in a non-judicial foreclosure state, I expect that it will happen at any time, but in the meantime, we have made arrangements and have somewhere else to go at a very reasonable price for our area. The rental is not paradise, but in a good area, close to work, and at a price of $500+ per month less than "norm" for our area, we're happy.

Thanks to everyone here for their kindness, advice & support. Not really sure what is next, but it is nice to be able to turn the page and be debt free.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Well, the very FIRST thing that is next, is your party!!! Relax and enjoy:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks so much!! I have to confess, I did a little bit of celebrating tonight!

Comment

Don't worry 13, it will easily sink in tomorrow and the next day. You are experiencing what many of us have, the anti-climax. So relax a bit, celebrate a bit more and turn that "anti" into a lovely night, with your 'Honey'. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Comment

Great news!

Comment

I have a question did you receive a letter or did your status change in PACER?

Comment

Originally posted by mlevesque308 View Post
                I have a question did you receive a letter or did your status change in PACER?
                Both will have happened. We saw our status change on PACER, but we also got mail from the court, and identical copies from our attorney. And since we filed jointly, both of us got copies of everything that was mailed.

So much for going 'green' and not killing trees!
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats on your well-deserved Fresh Start!!
                  ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                  Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X