update from mississippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update from mississippi

Ok guys here we go. I just wanted to thank everone for the help. I have a few more questions on my pacer accout our case is no asset and says awaiting discharge. The date to object is 1/03/2014 is that the date i will be discharged. Next question is we are down to one vehicle. I will have to wait on that discharge to get another vehicle correct? Last question is we surrendered a vehicle in the bankruptcy but the company has yet to come get it.

@okra77

The date of 1/3/14 is the final date any creditor has to oppose the discharge... you should get your discharge order shortly after that. Mine was two days after (on 62nd day following 341 meeting).

In regards to the car, it is not unusual for the lender to wait til the discharge to pickup. I am not sure if you are Pro Se or not, but I had an attorney and my lender contacted them to seek permission to arrange to pickup the car. They still did not pickup the car until this week... almost a month post-discharge.

Since you surrendered the car, they are entitled to pick up their car, but again, they may wait til the case is discharged (or they simply may just be backed up). If you really want to speed it up, give the lender a call and ask when they will be picking up the car. Just maintain insurance on it until they do come and get it.

In my situation, I waited until my discharge before I attempted to get a car.... first thing you should do is get working on your credit files and make sure all trade lines are reporting IIB that were included in the bankruptcy. This is what I did even before discharge was issued. Long story short, I went with Cap One Blank Check program and took delivery of my new car this past weekend... and at much better financing terms than were on the car I surrendered (go figure). I also was approved for $1000 unsecured credit card from Cap One. This was all 3 weeks after I was discharged.

PS.... we have second car we surrendered and that lender has not even contacted us.... my wife has tried 3 times to communicate and they keep blowing it off.... not saying this is the case, but there are times where lenders don't feel the car is worth the expense and never pick up. Of course, the lien remains and the debtor cannot do much in the way of selling or any transfer of ownership.... but I have read there are ways to get the vehicle declared abandoned and seek title that way........ just food for thought. Google about "lender won't pick up car surrendered in bankruptcy" and you will read more into these stories......

Good Luck!

Comment

Tell me more about cap one blank check program. Did u wait till after discharge? Also do people usually object to bk filing??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X