top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had 341 meeting today/ Can I expect the IRS and Comptroller to Notify Me about Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 341 meeting today/ Can I expect the IRS and Comptroller to Notify Me about Taxes

Hi Friends,

I had my 341 meeting today. As some of you may know I have included income taxes in my bankruptcy (both with the IRS and State). Will the IRS and State inform me of their decision of whether or not my taxes were discharged or not and which years were and which were not? If not is it ok to contact them or does that open a can of worms for collection if they weren't discharged?

Furthermore, as some of you may know I have been completely paranoid because my attorney put my taxes on schedule E. He has agreed to amend them and said that he would put them on F. I told him that I wasn't sure if that was the correct schedule. He said that he would put them on the correct schedule. I know the attorney Des puts it on a different schedule but I believe that is only if Des is sure that the taxes are dischargeable. I believe my 2007 IRS taxes are dischargeable and my 2005-2007 state taxes are dischargeable. There was an SFR filed by the IRS for my 2005 & 2006 taxes most likely making them non dischargeable but I still have hope.

I know that they are either dischargeable or not dischargeable regardless of what schedule they were put on but I haven't come across an attorney yet who puts them on E so shouldn't I just let him amend them?

Last, both the state and the IRS have liens filed against me. A year and a half ago I had the lien released temporarily with the state so that I could renew my tags on my car (it is worth very little). Does the IRS ever put a lien on your car or your driver's license so that neither can be removed or should I just worry about that with the state?

I can't wait to report back to you all about what taxes have been discharged and which ones have not.

Thanks for all of your help!
    Hope

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X