Filed question about assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed question about assets

Husband and I filed two weeks ago and yesterday we received a packet from the trustee asking for all the information and documents I handed to our attorney. Is this normal? Or is it because we have a shared interest in a family property?

We have a one-third interest in a family property, we understand we will have to give up that interest and a family member is going to buy our share, or supposed to. If the family member does payout our share then things should move forward without any problems correct? Husband and I passed mean test for a 7 well below the income mark, we have nothing, own nothing, lost our cars to repo, house is foreclosure so this is the one thing that keeps me up at night.

I contact my attorney and it takes days before I hear anything. Anyone with a property like this that can give me assurance would be great.

You should have settled this before you filed.
    Unless you have some sort of exemption available to you, the proceeds from the sale are property of the bk estate and it needs to be at a FMV.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
      You should have settled this before you filed.
      Unless you have some sort of exemption available to you, the proceeds from the sale are property of the bk estate and it needs to be at a FMV.
      I never said I was trying to save our share that wasn't my question and yes we know we have to turn over and we are fine with it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X