Power of Attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power of Attorney

I signed a POA to a debt collection agency. All collections have stopped calling me but one. They do have the POA on file and they are still calling me.
    Is this illegal?? If it is, how to I go about filing a formal compaint? Thank you.

You can file one with the Better Business Bureau in your area....or the debt consolidation company you are using can contact them with a formal letter that they now represent you and all phone calls are illegal and must cease.

Minny
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

The Better Business Bureau Can't Do Anything...But...

Originally posted by deepindebt
      I signed a POA to a debt collection agency. All collections have stopped calling me but one. They do have the POA on file and they are still calling me.
      Is this illegal?? If it is, how to I go about filing a formal compaint? Thank you.

If you have an attorney who handled your BK, then he or she is the one to contact...if you didn't have a BK attorney then call the Attorney General's Office in your state. They can tell you exactly how to handle this.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X