top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you just tell the creditors or send a cease contact letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you just tell the creditors or send a cease contact letter?

I retained today and my lawyer included a sample "cease contact" letter. Should I just tell the creditors as they call or send the letter?

Generally, if you just tell them when they call, it will accomplish this quicker, with no need to pay for stamps. Generally, you can give them your lawyer's name and phone number, and they will contact him/her if they need clarification, or you won't hear from them. If you go long enough, they might call if they have not been notified, but you just tell them again.

It is amazing how quiet the phone got within three days of retaining the lawyer.
    Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
    Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
    If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

I gave a list of the collectors that were bothering me the most, and emailed it to my lawyer, and her office called all of them and let them know that I had filed.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Do you think telling them makes them sue quicker?

Comment

I have not paid in full yet I have only retained them.

They told us when the creditors call to tell them that we are going to file chapter 7 bankruptcy and give their info. The letter was included in a huge book of info but we were not told to use it. I was just curious which is better and how to slow the creditors down from suing us in case it is going to be longer than a month before we are filed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X