Love them Collection Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love them Collection Calls

For the past 150 days, not a single credit has been able to make telephone contact with me. (Love that caller ID & Google)

BK filed, attorneys business card in my pocket, case number written on the back of the card.

So today, I start answering the calls in my most cheerful voice.

They tell me who they are, what they're calling about, and ask for me to verify that I am the person they are looking for.

I verify this, and then they tell me that this call may be recorded.

Here's where the fun starts......

I ask "is" this call being recorded, or is it not. After a brief stumble, they regain their composure and start talking again.

This is when I tell them that I insist they record this call, because I'm recording it. After a moment of silence, I tell them:

"Let me give you the name & number of my attorney. He can provide you with all of the bk information".

Then, most of the idiot collectors still want to talk about the bill. This is the point when I ask them what part of the automatic stay do you not understand.

You're recording, I'm recording, and you're now violating the law. And those idiots still want to talk!

I finish up with have a good evening, and if you call me back again, you can look to talk to the judge about violating the law.

We'll see who I get to play with next....
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

It will be interesting to see how long you still get bothered after that.

Comment

Oh boy, these debt collectors....
      Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
      Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Sorry for the hi-jack frogger, but if anyone reading this knows of a good recorder, I'd like to hear about.

Ideally, I think I'd like to have one that can record directly to the computer so I can sort the different calls to diff. files.

I've got 9 creditors and just stopped paying stuff last month and am receiving 40-50 calls a day at this point between my work #, cell and magic jack.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JustDamn View Post
          Sorry for the hi-jack frogger, but if anyone reading this knows of a good recorder, I'd like to hear about.

Ideally, I think I'd like to have one that can record directly to the computer so I can sort the different calls to diff. files.

I've got 9 creditors and just stopped paying stuff last month and am receiving 40-50 calls a day at this point between my work #, cell and magic jack.

J

Just hook it up to your phone and any cassette recorder.
          Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Frogger - you never cease to amuse me Your posts always have something to make me laugh. Thank you!

Comment

On recording calls, I used a program called Call Corder to get lots of great evidence that caused my ex-wife to scribble her name on a divorce agreement. Of course if she had got an attorney she would have realized that I couldn't legally record her calls.

Frogger, first congrats on filing. You are far nicer to the dirt bag collectors than I am. When I filed I didn't even tell them that I had filed. They would call and I did my usual, "Please be aware that I record all calls for compliance with state and federal laws" then I would let them state the matter. Then I'd interrupt them... "Oh wait, this is Nemdegelt about that Bank of America account?" They quickly confirm it is and ask how I want to take care of it. I then said, "Oh, I've hired the firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe to represent me on this matter. They are members of the Georgia Bar Association and easily located in the phone book."

Some would then ask if I'd filed bankruptcy, and I'd ask them... "Didn't you hear me inform you that I've retained counsel on this matter? Maybe you'd better ask your supervisor if you should be asking any more questions before you cost your company further civil damages. In this recorded conversation, I've informed you, Mary that I've retained an attorney reference this matter. Any further questions about this matter need to be directed to the firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe."

Some would then say or even skip the first part and say, "Are you suing US?" To which I'd reply with reply above. One obviously small collection agency, called me back minutes later. The owner told me that she needed to know why I'd retained an attorney. It was 8:30 PM on a Friday night. She told me that she was new to the business and was there an arrangement we could make to solve this without lawyers and courts costing us both money. Being the heartless SOB that I am, I told her she would have to refer her questions to my attorneys on Monday. I hope she had a pleasant weekend.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, and I'm searching the forum as well (and/or will start a new thread so I don't get frogger's off track ).

Comment

Very good post frogger and Bell30656!
                  That's the way to go. Thanks for sharing your experience.
                  Hope is in our way. After BK!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X