• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I be ok with filing?

Filed 03/12/2010
    341 Meeting 4/23/2010
    Discharged and closed 6/23/2010

The car loan seems high, but who knows. It will likely depend on where you are filing, but you may be able to work somethign out with the lender depending on the value of the car vs. balance on the loan. There could be a way to stretch out the remaining baalnce over the like of a Ch 13 or some have told me that it is even possible that the debt could get crammed down. Tough to say without seeing an attorney that is familiar with your trustee. Good luck
    Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

no one can say for sure if any of this will cause a problem for you. I would expect that you'll need to account for what the $15k in cash advances was spent on; and depending on the creditors (and how many payments were made to them) they could certainly object to dischargeability of those debts.

The average car payment allowed is $460 i believe; if your current loan is affordable and you're not upside down- you're likely ok. Just don't expect to get the extra $100 to use for expenses.

You can likely keep the car and house if they are affordable. If you can get away with "ride throughs" - not reaffirming either- it's best for you.

Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
      341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
      Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
      Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Cash advances- I thought were 90 days.
        Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

One particular card I did not make any payments to. I am wondering now if it would be wise to make a payment arrangement with them and make few payments before filing. All of the cards are offering really affordable payments, eliminating all of the fees and 0% for 12 months. My thinking is that it would buy me time and show good faith in paying it back. Only problem is that Chase sued me. Still haven't gotten served, but how do I handle that. If I make some payments and file then maybe in april - may, that would be a year point. Am I correct in thinking that then is less likely they will object? One attorney I talked to seems to think that. I am so stressed over all of this that is affecting every aspect of my life. I just don't know what to do.
          Filed 03/12/2010
          341 Meeting 4/23/2010
          Discharged and closed 6/23/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X