GE Money bank not playing nice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE Money bank not playing nice

Well I missed my first payment this month and 10 days after payment was due I get a letter from Allied Interstate for collection, letter dated 7 days after payment was due. I guess the economy is making them get more aggressive quicker. I thought I had at least a few months of playing the game but maybe not.
    If you think no one cares about you try missing a couple of payments.

Originally posted by bkpain View Post
    Well I missed my first payment this month and 10 days after payment was due I get a letter from Allied Interstate for collection, letter dated 7 days after payment was due. I guess the economy is making them get more aggressive quicker. I thought I had at least a few months of playing the game but maybe not.
    wow... that's insane. Then again, I was served a foreclosure summons by the sheriff when I was 25 days late on a business property. They weren't messing around.
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

This is going to be an interesting year for collections. There are some things that are going to change. I'll have more info soon.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
        This is going to be an interesting year for collections. There are some things that are going to change. I'll have more info soon.

Give us a hint...change "good" or change "bad" (for US, of course?)

Comment

Stopped paying a GEMB loan in December, I was threatened with it going to a CA in Feb if they did not get payment by the 7th. No calls for a week and a half, now getting a couple a day from their number. Feb marks the first month of not paying the closed (opted out of a 27% APR) Sams Discover which is really theirs. I anticipate a huge jump in GEMB calls or an express chute to a CA.

Of course, CAs are nastier but easier to toy with because you can dispute it with a DV.
          First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by nickifan View Post
            Give us a hint...change "good" or change "bad" (for US, of course?)
            There is some new software coming out that eliminates/bypasses the human input for going legal on debtors.

In the past, it took time for the CA to check all of the possible resources that you had, therefore it took more time for them to want to go legal and sue you.

The new software is data-mining a lot of sources to find sources of income, property ownership, etc. With this software, it is predicted that one person can file 3000 + lawsuits per month.

Think about this.... 1 person - 3000 lawsuits per month. If you figure 4 weeks per month and a 40 hour workweek, this equates to 18 + lawsuits per hour.

As courts continue to go to electronic filing, it's going to get easier and easier to sue. Look for all courts to be mandating electronic filing within the next few years.

I don't have the details yet, but they should be available soon. I'll post it when I get it.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Well, they will find out rapidly that I don't own squat: no homes, airplanes, businesses, nada, zip, zilch (which makes me wonder where my money went). They may find out that I work for a huge company but am not the CEO, COO or anything remotely close. They may find out that I am retired military, which is exempt. They will find out I live in a state that is creditor/collector unfriendly, to say the least.

Bring it on. Worst case scenario, I file faster than I planned on.
              First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Maybe it is different with a vehicle but we had a toyhauler trailer that we owed $50k on. We we behind a few months because husb. lost job. No way to pay. Told them to come get it and they said to wait another month and maybe things would change. No change. Called them again and asked them to come get it. (I'm still paying for insurance on it) They finally asked me to try and short sell it for 80% of the loan balance. After 45 days, or a total of 5 months past due, they came and got it without notice. They originally said Rocky Repo would make an appt to get the trailer but it was gone one afternoon.

Comment

GEMB is the worst one I had to deal with. I have a 5th wheel that they would harass me over if I was more than a few days late.

They sent the repo guy out to collect it but it wasn't sitting at my house so he was out of luck. I was then able to sell some property and called them to get it caught up. They wanted to play games about whether they'd let me pay to get it current!

That was last winter before we came to the realization that we would need to file. Fast forward to October 09 when we filed. The payment was due only about a week before we filed, (by this time they were already calling constantly, screaming about where was their trailer?!?!) I called them a few days after filing saying I was not going to keep it, and letting them know where it was so they could pick it up. Not interested, will wait for the discharge before they come to get it.

Now it's sitting in two feet of mud at my sister's place in SoCal. Have fun getting it out kids. I was way underwater on the loan so I'm sure it's only gotten better.
                  Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                    There is some new software coming out that eliminates/bypasses the human input for going legal on debtors.

In the past, it took time for the CA to check all of the possible resources that you had, therefore it took more time for them to want to go legal and sue you.

The new software is data-mining a lot of sources to find sources of income, property ownership, etc. With this software, it is predicted that one person can file 3000 + lawsuits per month.

Think about this.... 1 person - 3000 lawsuits per month. If you figure 4 weeks per month and a 40 hour workweek, this equates to 18 + lawsuits per hour.

As courts continue to go to electronic filing, it's going to get easier and easier to sue. Look for all courts to be mandating electronic filing within the next few years.

I don't have the details yet, but they should be available soon. I'll post it when I get it.
                    Yeah, do let us know. And when are the courts going to open up electronic filing to pro se filers? huh huh huh? Because these trips to the post office are really getting monotonous.

Comment

Frogger - This could actually be good news for debtors. If lawsuits are filed anything close to that rate the court system will be so clogged up that hearing dates will be set back by years. Especially if you file an answer...

None of our local or county courts are online for court information, other than the docket schedule for judges, made a few days in advance. The local court system remains entrenched in the last century here. They do have two computer screens (running some ancient text-based system) at the courthouse if you need to search for information - which you cannot print out - but the clerk will sell you copies from the paper files for 25 cents per page.
                      Last edited by WhatMoney; 01-29-2010, 06:34 PM.
                      “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
                        Frogger - This could actually be good news for debtors. If lawsuits are filed anything close to that rate the court system will be so clogged up that hearing dates will be set back by years. Especially if you file an answer...
                        Good point...this looks like the tactic of "throw enough sh*t against a wall and hope enough sticks for a good commission." Most of the small claims here (10K and under) filed by GEMB (thru the now defunct Mann Bracken) against debtors have been defaults, which they automatically win. Those who answer wind up either dismissed/dropped or responded with court dates that are years away....one was filed in '08 and had a date of 2011! If they crank out 3K suits a day, if you have half defaulting, that is a pretty hefty commission.

I could be discharged (or dead of old age) by then.

Comment

Yep, I can imagine the 3000 lawsuits coming up against many state rules of civil procedure. I have been to several hearings where "reputable" out-of-state attorneys have filed suits here using what appear to be some "standard methods" that do not conform to the Oregon or LOCAL civil rules of procedure. Most of the circuit court judges here in my district appear quite friendly and helpful to the pro per defendant. I have seen them slap a few out-of-area plaintiff attorneys around. Maybe I'm lucky enough to live in one of the poorest counties in my state. Not sure how the big counties in Oregon work in their circuit courts, but Oregon has pretty strict procedural guidelines. I wonder if this is why out of 13 national CC and unsecured debt companies, only one has sued me. In a month or so, I will not have a paid many of these in over 2 years. Would be able to file a civil complaint electronically made any difference? I wonder, but I doubt it.

In terms of electronic filing in my county, brahahahahahaha! The closest thing I've seen to electronic filing is the use of a retractable pen or mechanical pencil. My god, I have noticed that it takes the clerks days to even get some of the civil complaints, answers, motions, and orders entered into the justice system electronic files. A clerk still has to review each complaint. This can't be done electronically. The criminal filings are entered quickly, but the civil ones seem to languish.

I can imagine in the future, "Your honor, the plaintiff doesn't seem to have any clue what state they are filing in. They are a disgrace. I can't possibly provide an answer to something that does not conform to the procedures enacted by the good people and legislators of the state."

In the end, what does it really matter? Someone has to serve you and you still get some time to review the complaint. And, the court decision will not be electronic. They might as well file 150,000 per month. What would be really great is for many, many people to answer the complaints.

I'd love to be able to file an answer by electronic media. That would be very cool!!! The door could swing in both directions.
                          Last edited by treehugger1; 01-29-2010, 10:48 PM.

Comment

They haven't even called. I figured first missed payment I might get calls but no way did I expect collection but I think it's their in house because on the letter it states I can go to their website to make a payment. BOA called yesterday and were very polite, concernened.
                            If you think no one cares about you try missing a couple of payments.

Comment

the same here

Originally posted by bkpain View Post
                              the same thing happened to me too, allied interstate call my house 20 times a day, my ringer is turned off on my phone so i don't have to hear it rang.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X