Chase Motion For Summary Judgement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase Motion For Summary Judgement

I am looking to stall filing BK until Fall as wife will be delivering a baby in August and stopping work a few months prior. Only snag is a lawsuit from Chase. I filed an answer to a summons received in early January but just got notice that Chase is moving for a summary judgement. I am considering working out a settlement to avoid the imminenet judgement which would force me to live on cash. What type of plan may I be able to work out? The dollar amount is $9,000.

For starters file an answer to their motion, that will delay it.

If there's no answer from you it can be quick

When you lose, appeal it.

That will be later this year

Comment

Just keep answering, and when you lose appeal it...
      Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

Originally posted by hamburgler View Post
        ...What type of plan may I be able to work out? The dollar amount is $9,000.
        well, I will probably be sued by Chase also, probably sooner rather than later.

Anyway, they offered me a settlement of 40% already, for a similar sized debt.
        split into 3 payments if I remember right.

...so, you might try offering an amount less than that, (say 30%) with payments and see what they come back with.

Comment

Should you come up with an agreeable amount to settle, make sure you get it in writing from Chase and DO NOT give them electronic access to your accounts (no card or check over the phone).
          Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
          Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

Answer the SJ motion, deny as many of their facts as reasonably possible, you want to make the case that there exists a material fact that is in dispute that requires the court to act as a "trier of facts". The point of an SJ is to say that there are no facts in dispute so as a matter of law the party is entitled to win.
            You may want to state that there are facts pending further discovery.
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Thank you for the responses. Do you know how long I have to file the opposition?

Comment

Usually 30 days from the time you received it.

But check with the Court, sometimes the SJ must be served personally not by mail.

Check that on Monday

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X