Advise from my bank on how to handle CAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise from my bank on how to handle CAs

Just got home from doing some banking, and the financial-planner gave me some interest advise on how to deal with paying CAs till our attorney gives up the thumbs up to stop payments:

-- Stamp the back of the checks "Deposit Only". This will keep them from cashing a check for cash, then claiming they didn't receive the money (we had this happen in the past). They will have to deposit it. If I feel pissy, ass "By depositing this check, the depositor agrees that this is payment in good faith towards (acct #) and all funds will be applied ONLY to (acct#)

-- Send all payments registered mail, then keep the receipts and a running tally of the cost. If they get pissy, demand a reimbursement of mailing costs or a reduction in our bill by the same amount.

-- Memo line: Payment towards: OC, OC acct number.

-- Trash their payment stubs and use a letter stating that the enclosed payment is to be applied ONLY to the debt in question and that the debtor is not responsible for any attorney or processing fee incurred by the OC. Also that no further electronic-payments are authorized for this account and that all such information must be removed from their database under the penalty of fraud.

-- Pay nothing without a DV and then follow up with a C&D.

I would never pay a CA. They just pocket the money.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

We're only doing till our attorney (at least he is for now) gets done with reviewing our case and deciding what he wants to do or if he wants to take the case.

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
        I would never pay a CA. They just pocket the money.
        Really? I'd like to see you document that comment with the facts to back it up.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeIn2010 View Post
          Just got home from doing some banking, and the financial-planner gave me some interest advise on how to deal with paying CAs till our attorney gives up the thumbs up to stop payments:

-- Stamp the back of the checks "Deposit Only". This will keep them from cashing a check for cash, then claiming they didn't receive the money (we had this happen in the past). They will have to deposit it. If I feel pissy, ass "By depositing this check, the depositor agrees that this is payment in good faith towards (acct #) and all funds will be applied ONLY to (acct#)

-- Send all payments registered mail, then keep the receipts and a running tally of the cost. If they get pissy, demand a reimbursement of mailing costs or a reduction in our bill by the same amount.

-- Memo line: Payment towards: OC, OC acct number.

-- Trash their payment stubs and use a letter stating that the enclosed payment is to be applied ONLY to the debt in question and that the debtor is not responsible for any attorney or processing fee incurred by the OC. Also that no further electronic-payments are authorized for this account and that all such information must be removed from their database under the penalty of fraud.

-- Pay nothing without a DV and then follow up with a C&D.
          Geeze........... either pay them or don't.

If you owe the bill, you're not entitled to any "postage refund".

And if you do pay them, just write the account number on the memo line of the check.

Any and all limited endorsements that you might do are just a crock of dung, they don't work.

As to throwing away stubs and sending in your own note, that's a good way to get things applied to the wrong account.

If you choose to pay, write your account # in the memo and send in their stub.

And if you choose not to pay, just do a C&D and don't worry about it until it's time to worry about it.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X