Why don't they negotiate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't they negotiate?

I do not understand why CC won't negotiate a monthly payment. I was current on my Chase and called to see if I could get the min lowered. They said because of my income they could not offer a lower payment. Would they not want something? I offered $50, on a usual $112 monthly payment. Thanks

I'd love to know that answer as well. Due to Chase non negotiating I am now filing for bankruptcy after a 1 hour call with a consumer agency THEY referred me to as well as I was told I needed to be behind to qualify for the hardship program so in essence I was told "miss a payment & we'll help you". That was May 1st-I've paid 0 since.At my offer they would of gotten something. An attorney told me there is NO common sense used so now they call & call & I don't pick up as well as have recieved settlement offers from them in the mail.

Comment

They will not negotiate because they know you have some income coming in. I was able to get on a hardship program w/ Chase after I was 90 days late. I was paying a set fee until the balance was paid in full. No interest charges.

Don't worry about paying them since you are trying to save to file BK.

Good Luck!
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

If you are or have been up-to-date recently, creditors assume you have the ability to pay (and I recognize that it may seem like you don't at times). As long as you are gainfully employed and garnishable and/or have assets they could go after, you're not likely to get creditors to negotiate with you - particularly if you're not three months behind or more (which indicates to creditors that they had better take what they can get before the roof falls in). When faced with the possibility of a bankruptcy filing, creditors interestingly become a lot more willing to negotiate. Sad... but true.
        Any "suggestions" I offer are not to be deemed as legal advice, as I am not an attorney. "Suggestions" are offered solely based on my life experiences, education, and what I have observed in the work that I do.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X