No announcement yet.

Is this typical after SOL passed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow unbelieveable, I learn something new. Thanks.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I think because a car is tangible, it weighs more so to speak. I also think we as a society have made cc debt almost acceptable. Are those Florida laws only? When you get a judgement and a lien is placed, do they send notification. Maybe in my husbands situation he fell into a loop hole. He has no debt at all. He always pays in full on cc, and dioes quadruple payments for cars and homes. Could that justify an exemption?

Comment

There are other things that can cause a suit to be filed (or not). These companies monitor credit reports. Once someone starts to "rebuild" their credit by obtaining new mortgages, car loans or a credit card or two. These actions set off triggers that this person MAY have steady income now as well as a new credit card, say a Visa with a 5k limit? oh my, phones could start ringing and they will often try to get you to pay off their debt by using this new available credit.

Big brother always watches for ANY opportunity they see to obtain money for an old debt. Remeber once a creditor is on your report, they are able to do soft inquiries to your account to look for change. Highly sophisticated software runs and does the comparisons.

Gotta love the way they work.

Comment

Yes we were discussing Florida, I am glad you were able to get your refin Loan. I just hope the judgement is gone for good and does not show up down the road on your home. They should be required to send you notice. But I know when My HOA Assoc puts a lien on a house here due to them not paying fees, they send no notice. So only a attorney would know that.
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Thanks. The refinance was in my husbands name , not mine , so I am not too concerned. When he became aware of it by the bank, it showed up on my credit report. Its gone now , so I think it is really gone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X