top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start with an attoney or financial advisor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start with an attoney or financial advisor?

I am getting conflicting feedback on who I should seek our advide from... ill the finanial advisor help with making some good decisions and what your option might are?

Start with for what...?

In general, an attorney can give you a better range of options and advice than a financial advisor. A financial advisor really can't give you legal advise about your options.

Comment

A financial adviser is really for people wanting to invest and probably don't have any debt problems. Now if you're on the brink of going broke or if you are broke and can't pay your bills, well that's where a bankruptcy attorney comes in. Sounds simple enough doesn't it?
      Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

i would recommend going to a lawyer first. I went to our financial advisor first and he suggested getting a 401k loan and paying off debt. That was my $20,000 mistake. If I saw the lawyer first, I would have known that the 401K is off limits for a BK, and all the bills I paid off would have been eliminated in Ch. 7.
        Like NC73 said, if you have money to invest go to a financial advisor, but if you are on this forum your probably want to see a bankruptcy lawyer first.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X