Washington state exemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington state exemptions

Just read a couple of sites that says the exemptions (washington) where changed in June 2011.

Auto's went from 2500 to 3250

household goods went from 2700 to 6500

wildcard went from 2000 to 3000

Homestead is still 125k.

However, I am having a hard time finding the law that changed this. Hoping somebody can ring in on this.

Yes, I found the change to the law after hunting for two hours. I did find that household goods went to $2700 to $6500 for a single person. Most bankruptcy attorneys (WA state) still have the old numbers in their web sites.

Comment

Can you post the RCW for it, please, Dylan so that others who click on this post can have it for their lawyers? Thanks!!
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

ValleYum: Yes, no problem. click on the link below: Go down to change in 2011 (see 1864-S.SL) click on that. That will give you the new laws.
        Note Clothing and Jewelry went to $3500 that's more than a car???? However household goods went to $6500 for a single person, $13,000 for a married couple, shouldn't be any more problems concerning furniture questions. I am still trying to find if a person can stack the wildcard of 3k to the car exemption? Most states that have wild cards you can, don't no about WA.

http://www.lawhelp.org/documents/140...ateabbrev=/WA/ this is the new version in a nutshell

Comment

This below is from the Nolo Network. It's easy to read.

You can protect assets in bankruptcy using Washington bankruptcy exemptions. Learn what bankruptcy exemptions you can use in Washington to keep your property.

Comment

Thanks Dylan!! Now it makes it easy for Washington folks to find!
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Been told by e-mail from 4 lawyers this morning that a person can stack the wildcard to the car exemption. That would give me approx. $6250 for a car. However, I still can not find this in the law. They make them hard to read and understand.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X