top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreclosure set for Non-Jury Trial (Florida), what to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure set for Non-Jury Trial (Florida), what to expect?

I have been in Foreclosure for about 2 years. Palm Beach County. I am wanting to reinstate, I need to provide all my financials to the lender before they will give me any work out options.
    The lender filed for Motion for Summary Judgement. This was not granted. Now I have a Non-Jury Trial set in a month. I visit my attorney next week to talk about it.

My mortgage is about $2200/month, and I am behind about 2 years. I have the money to pay the P&I. I would like to work out with the bank a reinstatement where any reasonable attorney fees are tacked onto my loan as forbearance. Is this a reasonable request? Before I went into (strategic) foreclosure, I had never missed a payment (7 years) or been late.

The housing market has picked up, so my concerns about my house are no longer an issue from an investment perspective. I originally did a foreclosure in an attempt to work out better terms with my bank when all else failed (I have a 6% traditional 30 year mortgage). My lender would not do anything for me, we went to court and have been there two years.

My original mortgage had an error on it. The bank filed a satisfaction to this mortgage (which I was never made aware of), and then field a new mortgage with the correction. They used my signature page from the original mortgage and filed it. So in other words, I never signed this current mortgage. They never properly reformed the mortgage. I am hoping at least based on that perhaps at the non-jury trial I can get a dismissal......but I have no idea.

What I want, is to just reinstate, with some reasonable terms. For example, if I owe say $60k P&I, a few thousand in late fees, I would not want to get hit with 60k in legal fees........which is outrageous. I am concerned once they see my financials (I have a lot of money in the bank) they will not consider working with me as in forbearance.

Does anyone know what to expect at a Non-Jury Trial?
    Last edited by signal; 06-05-2015, 08:47 PM.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X