bk foreclosure of home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Minny
    i would not care if they did a 30page article on the house its land, anything on the house BUT my big gripe is that they put our name thruout the two pages making us out to look like deadbeats. they did not have to do that, it was bad enough our name was listed with the house in the sheriff sale foreclosure pages with everyone else days prior to this...
    im upset becuz they wrote a seperate article on our house using our name thruout the article pages. I mean where are my consumer rights my right to some sort of privacy. i know bk and foreclosure are public record but there has to be some fine line in the law where as to what they can say/do i mean at this point they mise well just interview us on the news geesh going thru bk and foreclosure alone is embar. this just threw it off the charts for us.
    see what i mean. They could have done it alot more tackfully.
    maybe i should write an article on the dang house and tell them we voluntarily surrendered the house we didnt have to WE decided to do it becuz the stupid house although we loved it kept getting flooded and cost too much to keep due to this and medical emergencies that came up, we were tired of replacing furnaces and hot water heaters and losing tons of our belongings and having to start from scratch ever dang time it rained! So we said enough was enough and decided it was time to leave, cut our losses. Everytime it rained we had flashbacks it was awful.

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
    When mine was sold at auction there was a picture in the paper with address and info only. My name was not mentioned...... Plus there was a big sign in my front yard for a week.

Was it embarrassing, yes, but I survived it and went on......

You do what you have to do..... go with the flow....... and hold your head up high.....

Just like being "poor" - THERE'S NO SHAME IN BEING POOR - it happens! Just like there is no shame with filing bankruptcy......!! People do what they have to do to survive life........

Rich folks file bankruptcy, laugh it off, and go on with life....... we can too......

Call it a "business decision"!!!!!!

Comment

I see what your saying truly i do but there has to be some for lack of a better word consumer rights laws stating how far they can take it without crossing the line.

Originally posted by HHM View Post
      In short yes, they are allowed. Pretty much anything to do with real estate is public record. If I knew your address, I could find out who the owners are, if I knew your name, I could find out where you live (if you own a house) all by simply going, or logging in, to your county recorders office. Foreclosures are by their very nature public, it is public auction after all, and the home owners name are public record.
      However, as a practical matter, they are probably not required to list the owners name in the foreclosure auction notice (most foreclosure notices I see typically do not include the owners name), but at the same time, there is nothing illegal about doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by BassBoy View Post
        LOL.....I think Donald Trump has filed BK a few times......LOL!
        rofl i wouldnt doubt it ;p

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritwovles_2 View Post
          ....maybe i should write an article on the dang house and tell them we voluntarily surrendered the house we didnt have to WE decided to do it becuz the stupid house although we loved it kept getting flooded and cost too much to keep due to this and medical emergencies that came up, we were tired of replacing furnaces and hot water heaters and losing tons of our belongings and having to start from scratch ever dang time it rained! So we said enough was enough and decided it was time to leave, cut our losses. Everytime it rained we had flashbacks it was awful.
          You don't need to justify to anyone how this happened to you. All you need to worry about is taking care of you, your family and getting your life (and finances) back in order. Anyone who would speak negatively towards you for having to let your home go and file BK is no particular friend/acquaintance......so.......blow 'em off. You do what is in your best interest and if they don't like it or have something to say, then too bad. It's not their place to speak.
          Bankruptcy History:
          Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
          Discharged - 02/16/2006
          Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

You don't need to justify to anyone how this happened to you. All you need to worry about is taking care of you, your family and getting your life (and finances) back in order. Anyone who would speak negatively towards you for having to let your home go and file BK is no particular friend/acquaintance......so.......blow 'em off. You do what is in your best interest and if they don't like it or have something to say, then too bad. It's not their place to speak.
            Hi BassBoy,
            i to some degree care what others think but i can get past that part rather quickly lol no seriously though i dont care what others think of us its the impact this will have on our kids that bothers me, kids can be cruel these days. They are all in with a good group of kids, into many school sports,etc and i just dont want them to be shunned. U try so hard to shelter your kids form things like this. Its bad enough they know what they know.

Comment

Hi BassBoy,
              i to some degree care what others think but i can get past that part rather quickly lol no seriously though i dont care what others think of us its the impact this will have on our kids that bothers me, kids can be cruel these days. They are all in with a good group of kids, into many school sports,etc and i just dont want them to be shunned. U try so hard to shelter your kids form things like this. Its bad enough they know what they know.
              The same "rule" applies to your kids friends/acquaitences. If they shun, then they're no particular friend. Friends stand behind one another no matter what. Hopefully, your kids have good friends that they can trust and depend on.
              Last edited by BassBoy; 11-16-2006, 11:53 AM.
              Bankruptcy History:
              Discharged - 02/16/2006
              Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

The same "rule" applies to your kids friends/acquaitences. If they shun, then they're no particular friend. Friends stand behind one another no matter what. Hopefully, your kids have good friends that they can trust and depend on.
                thanx Bass, i decided after digging deep within that worrying about it is not helping me healthwise and whatever will be will be, its just kids can be so cruel at times ya know...

Comment

Oh Spirtwovles - sooooooo sorry this is happening. I can so track with the way you're feeling! I was feeling that way too, till I saw the article about Whitney Houston's house being in foreclosure.

It really put it in perspective for me. This can happen to ANYONE!

When I read that article, I realized that my shame was probably nothing compared to hers as she's such a public figure and for some reason, it just made me feel better.

Hang in there, it will be over soon and at this time next year, it will be a distant memory!

thanx Bass, i decided after digging deep within that worrying about it is not helping me healthwise and whatever will be will be, its just kids can be so cruel at times ya know...
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-17-2006, 09:33 AM.

Comment

We are also voluntarily allowing our home to be foreclosed on and are now moving on to a much smaller, and less expensive home in another state.
                    Don't be embarrassed or humiliated about the fact of your difficulties becoming well publicized, it is only another sad commentary on the current state of affairs that our government has allowed this situation to overtake the lives of so many of its middle class citizens by pandering to, and selling out our nations economic well-being to the political contributions and pressures of Big Business.

We have lived in our home for 31 years, and raised our children here, and are (were) well liked and well respected members of our community.
                    All of our friends and neighbors who have been personally acquainted with us over the years are sad to see that we are now leaving.
                    We didn't ask for all of our local factories to close down and run off to Mexico, China, and wherever else the local populations are so desperate that they can be exploited to further line the pockets of the wealthy and the powerful.
                    We have watched as our formerly thriving community has withered away, Wow! now we got a new Super Wal-Mart! (and virtually every other local small business and the job market is paying the price)
                    Local taxes have went sky-high, being about TEN times as high as in the area that we are relocating to, to the extent that our escrow for taxes alone has now grown to be larger than was our initial house payment.
                    Our home that we have poured heart and soul into for all these years (we added on an entire second floor, and a 5000 sq. ft. garage, entirely with our own labor, and with NO intentions of ever leaving) is now only worth about 2/3rds of what it was 5 years ago, we have also watched as our income property investments have also likewise foundered, what with factories closing and all the good paying jobs disappearing, and it appears that the local situation is only going to be getting worse rather than better.
                    The life that we had built here is falling apart, leaving no us real choice but to move out, and to move on, we long ago paid off and destroyed all of our credit cards, and don't intend repeating our past mistakes.
                    What I am saying is that your friends will be saddened when they read of your plight, and strangers will be informed that they are not alone in their struggles to maintain a measure of stability and dignity in the midst of forces that are outside of their (individual) control.
                    And perhaps a few small twinges of guilt or of compassion from those whose stock portfolios are filled with that wealth generated by foreign operations and investments. (but don't count on it.)

Comment

I just caught up with your update, SW2.

I would be less than thrilled to know I'd been the subject of a 2 page article like this myself.

BUT, you will be surprised at some of the good and sympathetic reactions you'll get.

We had an acreage property and we hired a guy to mow the place after we left, Fall 2005. By the time Spring came, we couldn't keep up the payments and were headed into Foreclosure. Our mower guy called about setting up to mow and I told him "Thanks, but No Thanks." and I explained why.

Our mower guy had had a similar experience, 30 years ago. He'd lost a house in foreclosure too. He was very sympathetic and understood completely what we were going thru.

People will surprise you in positive ways you never expected or thought possible.
                      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                      Discharged - 12/2006
                      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbilly View Post
                        We are also voluntarily allowing our home to be foreclosed on and are now moving on to a much smaller, and less expensive home in another state.
                        Don't be embarrassed or humiliated about the fact of your difficulties becoming well publicized, it is only another sad commentary on the current state of affairs that our government has allowed this situation to overtake the lives of so many of its middle class citizens by pandering to, and selling out our nations economic well-being to the political contributions and pressures of Big Business.

And perhaps a few small twinges of guilt or of compassion from those whose stock portfolios are filled with that wealth generated by foreign operations and investments. (but don't count on it.)
                        TY for your reply Hillbilly, i am sorry you had the same circumstances of thinking you would love the rest of your lives in your home, remodeling etc like we did. We thought this would be passed on to our children for whatever they wanted to do with it but like you that didnt happen. Middle class especially lower to mid middle class are totally forgotten about in the system and us middle class work the hardest in my opinion; well onward we go marching hang in there.... ty once again.

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
                          I just caught up with your update, SW2.

I would be less than thrilled to know I'd been the subject of a 2 page article like this myself.

it was horrible felt less then human like everywhere we go people are steering

BUT, you will be surprised at some of the good and sympathetic reactions you'll get.

We had an acreage property and we hired a guy to mow the place after we left, Fall 2005. By the time Spring came, we couldn't keep up the payments and were headed into Foreclosure. Our mower guy called about setting up to mow and I told him "Thanks, but No Thanks." and I explained why.

Our mower guy had had a similar experience, 30 years ago. He'd lost a house in foreclosure too. He was very sympathetic and understood completely what we were going thru.

it is so nice when others understand and have compassion.

People will surprise you in positive ways you never expected or thought possible.
                          just want to be treated as an equal that would make us more then happy. People do need to know and remember that this can happen to anyone.... hope your doing well

Comment

update

well the date of the sale has come and gone and i havent heard a peep so i called the sherrif's office being bold that i am and going bonkers with the unknown and all they can tell me at this point is that it went back to the bank????? ok now what? they said they didnt know anything else and that if i wanted to know more i would have to call the banks attorney eeeeeek no thank you haha i will leave well enough alone for now and see if i get any thing in the mail that the title is out of my name etc. i would like to have paperwork stating that at least that the title has changed hands over to the bank and we no longer own it. something would be nice. geesh
                            the lady at the sherrifs office said that the title would go in the banks name but she didnt know when or if i would recieve anything that the banks attorney does all that. ooooooook

Comment

My understanding is that the title should change hands within 30 days. I don't know if you'll actually receive documentation of this transfer, but it should be known that your done with this matter.

Here's hoping everything remains well. Remember, no news is good news.
                              Bankruptcy History:
                              Discharged - 02/16/2006
                              Case Closed - 11/08/2007

Comment

You can actually look up the Recorder of Deeds office for you County on the Net. Give them a call and tell them you're wanting to know about the deed on your former home. The Recorder of Deeds will tell you if the Deed/Title has been transferred or not.

When we sold our house, we didn't get a lien release from the county. So I checked with the Recorder of Deeds. So that's a place for you to check.
                                Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                                Discharged - 12/2006
                                Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                                Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X