10 copies of "Substitute of Trustee" came today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 copies of "Substitute of Trustee" came today

First the foreclosure servicer for my lender (Quality Loan Service Corp) sent me 7 copies of the NOD. The NOD was recorded on 7/22/08, and the notices were postmarked 8/4/08.

Then they sent 2 more NODs (all exactly the same documents) on 8/21/08.

Yesterday I get 10 (yes, ten!) copies of a "Substitution of Trustee." It looks as if they are transferring the beneficiary from my mortgage holder, EMC, to the servicer, Quality Loan Service. It wasn't signed, but was notarized in MN (I'm in CA).

Two questions: Is this typical and/or in any way required, to send so many copies of a document? I swear, it's almost as if they're trying to slide something by me, but hoping I won't notice if they send 9 duplicates and 1 other document that's different. (To be honest, I haven't finished opening all of them).

Geez, how many trees have to die for me to lose my house?

Second question: Everything I can find via Google states that the Substitution of Trustee is required to happen first, before the NOD is filed. Was that information correct? Does this order make a difference to anything (i.e.- would they need to start over with a new NOD because of this)?

Yes, I'm looking to stall the foreclosure as long as legally possible. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Hi,

My dh and I received 17+ NODs and now have gotten 6 more sets of documents stating the sale date of our house. More will come, I'm sure, since the first 6 arrived just yesterday. My filing cabinet is getting more crowded by the day.

Have any of your documents arrived certified? If not, you may get even more in the mail!

Oh, and ALL the NOD documents are the same!

Comment

Originally posted by hnhlvr View Post
      Hi,

My dh and I received 17+ NODs and now have gotten 6 more sets of documents stating the sale date of our house. More will come, I'm sure, since the first 6 arrived just yesterday. My filing cabinet is getting more crowded by the day.

Have any of your documents arrived certified? If not, you may get even more in the mail!

Oh, and ALL the NOD documents are the same!
      Hi hnhlvr! I remember that thread

The NODs and Substitution of Trustee notices were about half and half, certified/reg mail. I wonder if it's a way of verifying if the house is still occupied?

You've already received a sale date? Wow, that was fast! I guess I should be glad I live in CA. At least for this one reason.

Comment

I think the point of certification is to be sure that you actually got the copies. My fear is that if I DON'T sign the certification, additional public notices will be posted in the paper, but every time I go into the Post Office to pick up the letters, the clerk comments on how many certified letters I've gotten, which is kind of embarrassing, so I've not signed in for all of them.

I'm pretty sure our last payment was either may or june (I'd have to double check) and the sale isn't going to be until Dec., so it seems like slow motion to me. Ah, when will this end?

Best of luck to you. Are you still living in your house and has anyone come to change any of the locks?

A few weeks back, I visited my house and a person had kicked in the garage door and changed that lock and put a lock box on it. All the other locks are still the same and the garage door opener still works, so we've only semi lost charge of the home.

Comment

Originally posted by hnhlvr View Post
          I think the point of certification is to be sure that you actually got the copies. My fear is that if I DON'T sign the certification, additional public notices will be posted in the paper, but every time I go into the Post Office to pick up the letters, the clerk comments on how many certified letters I've gotten, which is kind of embarrassing, so I've not signed in for all of them.
          I hear ya on that! I'm sure my mailman knows what's going on, with the deluge of "Stop Foreclosure NOW!" postcards being sent from every bottom-feeding rip-off artist.

I'm pretty sure our last payment was either may or june (I'd have to double check) and the sale isn't going to be until Dec., so it seems like slow motion to me. Ah, when will this end?

Best of luck to you. Are you still living in your house and has anyone come to change any of the locks?
          Oh, heck no! My last payment was in March, so I owe for April and forward. The NOD was filed July 22nd, I have until October 22nd to cure it. They don't schedule a sale date until after October 22nd. So since they have to give me at least 20 days notice of the sale, I have at minimum until mid-November here.

In July I registered to be able to login to my lender's website that lists their properties that are in pre-foreclosure and in foreclosure with a sale date scheduled. At that time (July) they had sale dates scheduled through January 2009. My house wasn't listed as even in pre-foreclosure yet, though that may have changed (I should go back and check).

The area I live in has been hit so hard by foreclosures, it's typically taking 12-18 months for a foreclosure to run it's full course. My guess is I'll have until early spring before I have to leave...and I'm staying until the bitter end, both because I don't have anther place to live yet, and to protect and maintain the property until it is no longer mine.

A few weeks back, I visited my house and a person had kicked in the garage door and changed that lock and put a lock box on it. All the other locks are still the same and the garage door opener still works, so we've only semi lost charge of the home.
          They only changed one lock? Damn, not the brightest bulbs, are they? lol

I plan to file BK in October. The only thing it will do in relation to the house (since I plan on surrendering it anyway) is possibly stall for a little more time. My hope is to stay here until spring. I'd really rather not be homeless in the middle of winter

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X