top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOA says nothing about non-payment, BK discharged 12/09, & moving soon...Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOA says nothing about non-payment, BK discharged 12/09, & moving soon...Help!

I have NO clue what I need to do. Here's the situation:

Our BK was discharged in Dec of 2009. We thought we were reaffirming our mortgage at that time, but obviously we didn't sign any papers doing so, and according to our lawyer and our credit (which we pulled last year), the mortgage was under our BK.

In Dec of 2010 we thought we were moving to another state, so we stopped paying our mortgage payment (we learned in Oct 2010 that the house was not ours, and that we had been making "good faith" payments). We have not been paying since that time, and we have not heard one word from BOA. We were more than happy to just live here and save money. However, a rental that was absolutely perfect for us, and one that is in all my girls school boundaries (VERY hard to find), AND is affordable, came open. We just thought we would fill out an app and see what happened. LOTS of people wanted it so we figured that if it was meant to be, 'it would be'. We were approved...

Now we are moving the end of May. I would LIKE to not deal with this house anymore. I realize we need to continue to pay the home insurance until BOA reclaims it, so how do I go about getting them to do that? I just don't want to have to think about this house anymore. And I'll admit it will bother me to just 'let the lawn go' after we leave. I don't want my neighbors to have to 'pay the price' for the neglect.

Anyone have any advice?? Would really like to not have to pay the $100+ for home insurance...

You could rent it out. Then the renters would do the yardwork and the house would be occupied.
    Filed/discharged/closed Chapter 7 in 2010!

Comment

Originally posted by IHateToBeEmo View Post
      You could rent it out. Then the renters would do the yardwork and the house would be occupied.
      Make sure you have the homeowners paid up if you are going to rent it out (damage and liability)...also I would find someone who is only planning on being there short term...my 2cents worth..

Comment

The house is still yours. Just because you didn't reaffirm doesn't mean you don't own it. If you have any equity in it, you could sell it & keep the money. If you continue to make the payments, one day you'll own it free and clear.

If you're underwater and just want out of it, and you don't want to stay and live rent-free for as long as possible (some people here on the forum get more than a year out of their rent-free arrangements), you might offer BOA a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure. It's faster.
        There are two secrets for success in life:
        1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

I've been living in my house now 1 year since I stopped payments after deciding to surrender the house last May (husband lost job and we can no longer afford the payments). It is also with BOA and nothing has happened. I don't really know how much longer that they will take and some days I want them to get on with it so we can move on but I am saving some money living here for the time being.
          CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
          Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X