2nd Mortgage Charge Off's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Mortgage Charge Off's?

Has anyone here had a 2nd sold to a collector and negotiated with the collector? I keep thinking BOA will give up and see the error of their ways in hoping we will somehow start to pay again, and sell it to someone with more sense. All I ever get is the standard "We don't settle 2nd mortgages" when I try to talk to them.
    1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
    2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
    4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

does BOA has some sort of liquidation department ? I think it is all about talking to right people.

Comment

I think you are right, now if I could only find them...
      1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
      2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
      4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

Originally posted by pcn View Post
        I think you are right, now if I could only find them...
        I think your sitting in the boat with millions of others. B of A wont admit how many defaulted 2nds are on their books. After all, if they did Warren Buffet probably wouldent have givin them any $$$
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
          I think your sitting in the boat with millions of others. B of A wont admit how many defaulted 2nds are on their books. After all, if they did Warren Buffet probably wouldent have givin them any $$$
          I do AV and IT work in both BOFA & Merrill Lynch Offices. I have recently overheard some pretty high ups conversations at the water cooler and they are not even sure if BofA is going to survive this toxic Mortgage fiasco. There are rumors all over the place about a big breakup or merger. In today's news there is talk of laying off 40,000 workers. Not a positive sign.

Comment

Originally posted by pcn View Post
            Has anyone here had a 2nd sold to a collector and negotiated with the collector? I keep thinking BOA will give up and see the error of their ways in hoping we will somehow start to pay again, and sell it to someone with more sense. All I ever get is the standard "We don't settle 2nd mortgages" when I try to talk to them.
            Before you negotiate a settlement with a company that purchased the debt - make sure they also have the lien rights. You can settle with a DC however BOA still retains the rights. Should that happen, you would need to try to get BOA to take the debt back from the collector, thereby agreeing to release the lien upon settlement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X