New Homeowner Settlement gives $2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Homeowner Settlement gives $2000?

I just read an article about the new program that was just announced. If I read it correctly, if you lost a home in the last 3 years the government is sending you a $2000 check. Anyone else see anything about this? It seems to good to be true.

Hi,

Yes, some people will be getting checks. You have to have had a mortgage with: Bank of America, Citi, Chase, Ally Financial (now GMAC), or Wells Fargo and about 750,000 people qualify for the monetary payout according to what I've read. (the refinancing/reduction/other stuff applies to additional people.)

If you go to the attorney general's office for your state, you should be able to find information. The only state which didn't agree to this is OK, so those who lost there homes in that state won't be eligible.

I lost my home but it was my second loan that was with Wells Fargo so I tried calling them to see if I'm eligible and the gal didn't know what I was talking about and fwd'd me to the refinancing dept, which had a recorded message saying that due to this settlement decision, wait times will be longer than normal, so I gave up after 10 minutes.

I'd like to know if I qualify since it was a second mortgage w/Wells Fargo. My first was with Indymac and they're they ones who sent me all the foreclosure documents.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X