No announcement yet.

age 25 and in 100k in debt, i want to die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although my situation is different, I have had suicidal thoughts as well. Things were so bad this time last year (health, finances, etc.) that I wanted to die, too.

Please know that there is HOPE!! BK is not an easy process, but you WILL get through it. Please see your doctor and be honest about your feelings. Also, be sure and talk to several attorneys.

Last, but not least, please visit this forum often and let us know how you are doing. Feel free to PM me anytime and I will be glad to talk with you. You are not alone in this and we will walk through this valley with you.

Wishing you peace and blessings!
    jane
    Filed: 2/24/2006
    341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
    Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

thanks =) is there anyway to still keep the car lease if i file chapter 7

i did a search and found something about reaffirmation but do not understand it

thanks again
      100k+ in debt

Comment

I filed Bk7 at 25 and I built credit up pretty quick, several $10,000 credit cards, but now I'm 39 and I BLEW IT, now I'm back in Bk13 converted to Bk7.

You do get a fresh start JUST BE WISE with you choices and your credit and your money.

Catchmeifyoucan
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Please do not end your life. Go to a hospital ER. They will help you. I just got out of a psych unit for the same issues. I am in an out patient program now and am going to try to rebuild my life while getting the help I need. It is hard emotional work, but it can be done. PLEASE GET HELP. SERIOUSLY
          Filed 4-21-2008
          7/16- DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

thanks so much sister, i feel so much better ever since i started posting here; i feel like i have help, i hope you get out of your dillemma as well. thanks so much sister.

Originally posted by sisterfunkhaus View Post
            Please do not end your life. Go to a hospital ER. They will help you. I just got out of a psych unit for the same issues. I am in an out patient program now and am going to try to rebuild my life while getting the help I need. It is hard emotional work, but it can be done. PLEASE GET HELP. SERIOUSLY
            100k+ in debt

Comment

How are you doing today? Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace,
              jane
              Filed: 2/24/2006
              341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
              Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

thanks jane, i'm ok today. how are you? i did alot of window shopping with my loved one today. only "window" lol. happy holidays

Originally posted by jane taylor View Post
                How are you doing today? Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace,
                jane
                100k+ in debt

Comment

Regarding the car lease: In bankruptcy, the leases that you want to keep are "assumed" rather than "reaffirmed." When you file, you'll have to fill out a Statement of Intention, which says what you intend to do with all of your leases and secured loans. Then, you and the creditor will negotiate an assumption.

First, you may send the creditor notice in writing that you wish to assume the lease. (Who knows...they might just take the Statement of Intention as that notice.) Then, the creditor tells you whether or not that is acceptable to them. They can condition the assumption on the cure of any outstanding default. After that, once the default (if any) is cured, and you notify the lessor that the lease is assumed, you have assumed it.

One more thing - take care of yourself. Depression might be striking, and I'd recommend going to therapy if you can somehow afford it. See if there are any cheap or free services in your community. You owe it to yourself

That last paragraph isn't from the perspective of me thinking in the abstract. I'm a 23 year old guy. I go to therapy for my own mental problems. I'm going through bankruptcy and still am waiting for discharge. Therapy really does help. Back when I first filed, I thought I was a loser and a bad person. I really had to work through my feelings to realize that even if it is my fault, "beating myself up" over it only makes matters worse. Since then, I've come to appreciate bankruptcy for what it is: a way by which an "honest, but unfortunate, debtor" can get a fresh start on life free of debts.
                  DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. My posts are not legal advice. They are for information only. Please feel free to use them in an academic sense, as I simply wish to share with you what I have learned/researched.

Comment

thanks big, for your kind words and advice. i am sorry to hear what you went through, i hope we young ones have time to start over.

ever since i started posting on this forum, i feel more relieved especially when i am surrounded by a common group of friends who are there for each other with advice and "pats" on the back

Originally posted by bige1030 View Post
                    Regarding the car lease: In bankruptcy, the leases that you want to keep are "assumed" rather than "reaffirmed." When you file, you'll have to fill out a Statement of Intention, which says what you intend to do with all of your leases and secured loans. Then, you and the creditor will negotiate an assumption.

First, you may send the creditor notice in writing that you wish to assume the lease. (Who knows...they might just take the Statement of Intention as that notice.) Then, the creditor tells you whether or not that is acceptable to them. They can condition the assumption on the cure of any outstanding default. After that, once the default (if any) is cured, and you notify the lessor that the lease is assumed, you have assumed it.

One more thing - take care of yourself. Depression might be striking, and I'd recommend going to therapy if you can somehow afford it. See if there are any cheap or free services in your community. You owe it to yourself

That last paragraph isn't from the perspective of me thinking in the abstract. I'm a 23 year old guy. I go to therapy for my own mental problems. I'm going through bankruptcy and still am waiting for discharge. Therapy really does help. Back when I first filed, I thought I was a loser and a bad person. I really had to work through my feelings to realize that even if it is my fault, "beating myself up" over it only makes matters worse. Since then, I've come to appreciate bankruptcy for what it is: a way by which an "honest, but unfortunate, debtor" can get a fresh start on life free of debts.
                    100k+ in debt

Comment

To the original poster,

Hang in there bud, I dunno where you are but I"m in the NYC area too. Living expenses around here is just too much. I have a lot less debt (16k) but I also make less. But I've had those weeks of being unable to sleep thinking about money and all its problems.

Here's the thing, DON'T do Debt Management Plan unless you are sure you have a stable income and can live on very little. I'm falling off the DMP already after about 4 months. The Christmas season still gets me down because I don't have any money to buy presents for loved ones.

Anyhow, I'm going to a BK lawyer tomorrow to see what my options are there. HOpefully I could afford the fees and get this over with. What's important now is getting all the debt cleared away from your head and concentrate on school.

Good luck bud and PM me if you want some more info on the lawyer I am going to see.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X