top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10$ a month home phone from Team Mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10$ a month home phone from Team Mobile?

Anyone have a team mobile cell phone. I do because they have the cheapest plan I can find. Recently they sent me infomation about switching home phone to them for $10 a month for a 2 year contract. Anyone done this?

There are cheaper plans if you are not a talker. If you can't pull the phone away from your ear, forget about it.

Virgin Mobile has very affordable pay as you go rates for those of us who can't stand the telephone to begin with.

ep
    California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Basically, you get rid of your landline and can use your tmobile phone from home unlimited, for an extra $10/month, on top of your regular cell phone bill. You have to install some type of a router in your home (make sure they don't charge you for the router), and you must have wireless internet in your home to be able to do this. While you are using your cell phone from home, you are basically using your wireless internet to talk, so you will not be charged minutes. This will also work anywhere there is free wifi, such as starbucks, etc.

I don't think tmobile has perfected this yet, and there are still problems. I have family who use this option now, and they drop a lot of calls, but it could also be their location because they live way out in nowhere land.

The good thing about this is that you can make a call from your house, then get up and drive away and continue to talk for hours without being charged minutes. The key is to dial the number before you leave home. It works the same if you are in a free wifi location. Make your call, then drive away, and minutes will not be charged.

I used to own a cell phone store, and carried t-mobile. haha. That business is what bankrupt me.

Comment

thats a wonderful plan by T Mobile. i would like to change from my existing landline to mobile
        vik
        debt relief

Comment

If you don't talk much anyway why have a landline at all. We have to have a landline because of hubby's job, and we also have our mobiles.

Comment

True. We don't have a landline either. Usually if you can get the people you talk to the most to switch over to the same cell phone co, you may not even need the land line.

Just a note about the tmobile at home plan - they only have like three phone models that you can use with the at home feature, so if you don't already have that phone, you will need to buy a new phone.

Comment

All good info! Thanks a ton!

My only concern about getting rid of the landline is the ability to contact 911 or other emergency services. Maybe this is just a myth. Call me a paranoid parent :-)

Comment

Actually, cell phone companies are getting better about 911 service. We had an incident where we had to call 911 and we used cells. They are Boost Mobiles.
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by flower04 View Post
                  All good info! Thanks a ton!

My only concern about getting rid of the landline is the ability to contact 911 or other emergency services. Maybe this is just a myth. Call me a paranoid parent :-)
                  You might want to check out MagicJack.

I have one and I love it. It's light on the standard VoIP features, and it also only works while your computer is on, but it's only $20 a year and has 911 service included. Even had voice mail service, though it's a little lame.

Comment

Originally posted by No Gravy View Post
                    You might want to check out MagicJack.
                    I put my parents on MagicJack for the same reason

I got a Vonage line so I could also haul it around with my laptop.
                    $14.99 mo, also VoIP.
                    Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                    341 Oct 8 2008
                    Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

Originally posted by BROKENN View Post
                      I put my parents on MagicJack for the same reason

I got a Vonage line so I could also haul it around with my laptop.
                      $14.99 mo, also VoIP.
                      I have Gizmo (GizmoProject) on my laptop, which is free for calls to other Gizmo users. It's pretty cool, and great sound quality (though no 911 service).

It's funny that I have so many options for free or almost free phone calls, since I really don't like talking on the phone in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by No Gravy View Post
                        I have Gizmo (GizmoProject) on my laptop, which is free for calls to other Gizmo users. It's pretty cool, and great sound quality (though no 911 service).

It's funny that I have so many options for free or almost free phone calls, since I really don't like talking on the phone in the first place.
                        Hmmm, Gizmo, I'll check it out. Yeah, I don't do the phone very well either!
                        With VoIP we can now benefit from what we spend for our Internet.
                        Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                        341 Oct 8 2008
                        Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

Hmmm, Gizmo, I'll check it out. Yeah, I don't do the phone very well either!
                          Glad to hear it's not just me. LOL!

Gizmo is great for the free calls. I also used it as a multi-IM client for the longest time. That worked great too, because I do tech support and people could either IM or call, all within the same program.

And I have Gizmo5 mobile on my cell phone, so I can IM from there. I've never tried to use Gizmo mobile for making VoIP calls from the cell, but supposedly it is supported with certain phone models.

The downside of Gizmo (for me, anyway) was that to call anyone other than another Gizmo user, you have to purchase call in / call out credits, like Skype. Now I wouldn't mind purchasing a small amount, but the problem is...the minutes expire in 3 months.

I don't use the phone that often to justify that expense, even if it's only $10, but for other people it might be fine.

With VoIP we can now benefit from what we spend for our Internet.
                          I hear ya, I'm looking at what next I can shave off the budget. I'd gladly give up my landline phone (though it only costs $12 a month) except that I have a need to accept collect calls from a family member. If it wasn't for that, I'd just use MagicJack as my home phone.

Comment

OOOoooo... cell with VoIP! I'm game, and I am sure it has a few bugs here and there but I am excited the technology is getting there!

And yes, I cannot wait to get rid of the land line!!! Still need that answering machine right now though...... heehee!
                            Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                            341 Oct 8 2008
                            Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

OOOoooo... cell with VoIP! I'm game, and I am sure it has a few bugs here and there but I am excited the technology is getting there!
                              If I remember correctly, Nokias were the ones that were supported, but don't quote me. I can't seem to find that thread in their forums ... bother.

And yes, I cannot wait to get rid of the land line!!! Still need that answering machine right now though...... heehee!
                              There's a couple of free online voice mail options that work pretty darn well, you might want to check out.

GrandCentral and YouMail. I love YouMail's option to "ditch" calls based on the caller, and also chose which greeting a caller gets (based on who's calling you). I have one voice mail greeting for all creditors, another for family, etc.

GrandCentral is also setup to work with GizmoProject. Like any of the other new emerging technologies, sometimes it's hit and miss. I've found Gizmo and GrandCentral lacking in the customer support department. Gizmo because it's open source and run by volunteers....and GC because it's now owned by Google.

YouMail's support, OTOH, has been AMAZING! I can't say enough good about that company, and I pray they don't sell out to Google!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X