Cancelling an auto-debit at bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any luck doing this? My CitiFinancial loan is set up for auto-debit and they will not cancel it without an account # to replce it with. So I'm planning on just cancelling it directly thru my bank, costs $30. (well worth it to save $500!)

Will this stop the debit permanantly? Can Citi somehow go around it and sneak the money? I don't want to have to close my account, but as a last resort i will.

The safest route is to close it and open another account.

I'm not sure it will keep them from doing it in the future if you do the stop payment thing.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

well we'll be filing in march, so it'll only be 2 pymts...and if he's able to file us on 3/1, then TECHNICALLY it'd be 1 pymt since they debit on the 2nd.

Comment

Oh also if we closed and opened a new one, opening a new one at the same bank would be ok right? we're with wamu and do not owe them any money. but citi can not find and debit from the acct can they?

Comment

Originally posted by endisnear View Post
          Oh also if we closed and opened a new one, opening a new one at the same bank would be ok right? we're with wamu and do not owe them any money. but citi can not find and debit from the acct can they?
          DO NOT open another account at the same bank. Somewhere along the line your name will still be associated with the account # that you closed, and knowing how banks like Citi and Chase conspire with each other to **** over folks Wamu/now Chase will make Citi happy by debiting your new account.

Comment

Originally posted by magyar123 View Post
            DO NOT open another account at the same bank. Somewhere along the line your name will still be associated with the account # that you closed, and knowing how banks like Citi and Chase conspire with each other to **** over folks Wamu/now Chase will make Citi happy by debiting your new account.
            LOL...gotcha! Maybe we'll just move everything over to DH's account at Union Bank.

Comment

Originally posted by endisnear View Post
              Anyone have any luck doing this? My CitiFinancial loan is set up for auto-debit and they will not cancel it without an account # to replce it with. So I'm planning on just cancelling it directly thru my bank, costs $30. (well worth it to save $500!)

Will this stop the debit permanantly? Can Citi somehow go around it and sneak the money? I don't want to have to close my account, but as a last resort i will.

I had an automatic payment that I cancelled by writing a certified letter to the bank and another letter to the institution telling them I no longer want money withdrawn from my account and if any money is drawn without my permission, I will consider the act fraud. This worked for me. Talking to these idiots does not work.
              Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Can anyone else share any insight on this situation or a similar situation?

Comment

We cancelled our auto-pay for our B of A payment they still pulled the payment $762.00 I had the print out confirmation that said that the auto pay was cancelled so I called them to fight it and they actually refunded the payment back to me in 5 working days. I then closed the bank account and opened a new one at the same bank (credit Union).
                  Filed 2/3/09
                  341 Meeting 3/31/09
                  Motion to value 2nd hearing 5/7/09 motion granted
                  Confirmation hearing 6/4/09 - CONFIRMED

Comment

In particular, I'm looking for any similar CitiFinancil related experiences ... Thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X