Banking with BofA after a discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banking with BofA after a discharge?

I had a couple of CC's that I listed with BofA along with a checking & savings account. Started Ch7 back in Nov, discharge is hopefully right around the corner. I stopped my direct deposits to BofA right before filling and started a relationship with a new bank.

I'm just wondering is it safe to start using my BofA checking again after the discharge? Can they dip their fingers into my account after the BK is over???

After your BK is over I do not believe they can tough any of your money!! I would be surprised though if they let you continue with a checking account there.
    Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
    DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
    Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
    Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Why would you even consider banking with those bums again?? Stay with your new bank.

Comment

Honestly it's all about their online banking... I have about half a dozen different banks and it's the only one I have which actually shows debit card pending transactions almost instantly that also keeps a running balance after every transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by FijiTime View Post
          Honestly it's all about their online banking... I have about half a dozen different banks and it's the only one I have which actually shows debit card pending transactions almost instantly that also keeps a running balance after every transaction.
          WaMu does as well. Debit transactions show instantly, and most other transactions show as pending.

Comment

Originally posted by MomIcantFindmy View Post
            After your BK is over I do not believe they can tough any of your money!! I would be surprised though if they let you continue with a checking account there.
            Does this happen? Can they close checking and savings accounts like that? I have checking, savings, and a mortgage through them (reaffirming the mortgage), but am seeking to discharge two BofA credit cards. I actually really like BofA and planned to stay with them, especially considering that my mortgage is taken out automatically from my checking account. I assumed since I was reaffirming the mortgage, all would be fine to just stay put.

Comment

We banked with them pre-BK. I closed my account and moved on but Hubby still has an account with them. They never bothered him post-BK and we both BK'd BOA.
              Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
              Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

we put a boa credit card on our 13 and they haven't touched our checking or savings.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X