top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many did a freash start and actually moved to different state to restart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many did a freash start and actually moved to different state to restart?

Hello fellow BKer's
    How many filed Bk and actually moved away to start a new life?
    We are thinking about it....Hubby many lose his job in Sept due to company down sizing and our rental house will be vacate in Sept . We are so tired of dealing with tenants excpet last ones were great out of 7tenants. showing it for one week very little hits- (we owe more then house is worth so can't sell it)
    His job does have a opening in NC thinking since we are doing Bk Ch 7 to be filed in Oct that maybe we should just let our home and rental foreclose we move to NC and start over. No family there so that is scarey, two oldest boys 13 and 12 don't want to move but understands

Or we could still do Ch7 but just foeclose on rental but would they make us pay loan back on it if we keep our primary home? ANd hubby finds another job here and we stay and have family and friends find out about all this
    we are so confused on what to do......

We're more stressed out since retaining a lawyer of course these problems came after seeing her so we haven't talked to her about this new situation

Any insights?
    Thanks

Making that move sounds like the right thing to do ! Seeing your hubby may loose his job and there would be an opening in NC. Not to sure you are located now, but maybe you could take a weekend and drive to Nc to check it out before you up and decide what's best for you an your family !

I personaly want to move in about 3 year to Az. I have always wanted to live there ~
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09
    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

We live in Ohio now, so tired of the snow,lol
      Where would one go to look up the cost of living of NC?
      When I was a kid we lived in AZ very beautiful state and great weather. hot but not like "Ohio hot" and did snow a few time s in AZ,lol

Comment

Here is a website that shows cost of living by State. You could also 'Google' (my best friend) the city,NC cost of living for the figures on the city where your hubby's possible new job will be.

Comment

What city or town in NC?
          6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
          10/06/2009 Discharged
          01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

Originally posted by badkarma View Post
            We live in Ohio now, so tired of the snow,lol
            Where would one go to look up the cost of living of NC?
            When I was a kid we lived in AZ very beautiful state and great weather. hot but not like "Ohio hot" and did snow a few time s in AZ,lol
            I live in Florida so I'm used to the heat, another thing you can do is look up home prices at "home rental. net" ; kinda get an idea what you'll pay for rent.. good luck
            Filed on 7-17-09
            waiting for 341
            341 meeting 8-21-09
            discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Good web site

Try www.city-data.com good web site to look up any city and its stats it will even list how many sex offenders in that city if you have children.
              Filed Ch7 BK 7/27/09
              341 Hearing 9/10/09 All Went Smoothly
              Last Day For Objections 11/09/09
              Discharged and Closed 11/12/09

Comment

Originally posted by badkarma View Post
                Hello fellow BKer's
                How many filed Bk and actually moved away to start a new life?
                We are thinking about it....Hubby many lose his job in Sept due to company down sizing and our rental house will be vacate in Sept . We are so tired of dealing with tenants excpet last ones were great out of 7tenants. showing it for one week very little hits- (we owe more then house is worth so can't sell it)
                His job does have a opening in NC thinking since we are doing Bk Ch 7 to be filed in Oct that maybe we should just let our home and rental foreclose we move to NC and start over. No family there so that is scarey, two oldest boys 13 and 12 don't want to move but understands

Or we could still do Ch7 but just foeclose on rental but would they make us pay loan back on it if we keep our primary home? ANd hubby finds another job here and we stay and have family and friends find out about all this
                we are so confused on what to do......

We're more stressed out since retaining a lawyer of course these problems came after seeing her so we haven't talked to her about this new situation

Any insights?
                Thanks
                I know what you mean about tenants. I was blessed to have some good ones along the way but now that the economy has tanked, everyone is struggling and it makes it that much more difficult to find people who can afford to pay their rent on time. I met some fantastic people over the years (contractors, tenants, etc...), but I will never get into real estate again.

I have 3 rental properties plus my own home - all of which are upside down in equity. Home prices in Ohio have plummeted. I agonized for two years about what to do with the houses and whether or not I should move. I finally decided to move to Tucson. I am moving this month and looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to getting a new start, even though it will be a while before I can file BK.

IMHO, it's always a good idea to be open to new opportunities and see where life takes us. Who knows, you may end up loving a new life in NC! It's a huge decision, so take your time and think it through thoroughly. Good luck to you whatever you decide.

Comment

Well I guess it counts. We moved some 250-300 miles I guess but stayed in AZ.
                  We had to move as we were surrendering the home anyway. We thought we would take the opportunity to get out of the warmer valley climate that we were in and get back to 4 seasons a year here in the mountains of AZ.
                  We needed to find a rental anyway and we did not have that much stuff to move so we loaded it into a trailer and the RV and went here to find a rental.
                  We unloaded the RV and trailer into the rental, drove the RV to the nearest B of A and told them that we had problems and here it is we are surrendering it. They told me I could not do that but I kept walking anyway.
                  Sometimes you just have to deal with whatever life gives you and make the best of it.

Comment

We ended up moving to a different State last October - filed June this year and are letting our two homes go. I have to say that I think we might be getting even more of a "fresh start" because of the move. We left family and friends, but have made new friends and are really exploring new things since the move. Regardless of if you stay or go, your friends and family are likely going to pick up on the whole BK/foreclosure thing anyway, so I don't think that's a factor. I can sense my in-law's disapproval from 700 miles away, and we never told them directly, figured they'd get it from the small town grape-vine.
                    BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone! We just keep going back and forth, scared to stay and scared to move,lol
                      The opening is in New Bern ,NC.....we won't find out about current job until Sept, he maybe able to also transfer to Solon , ohio about 1 hr away commute ( but he'll need to buy a car since the truck would drink the gas gone in a few days and who knows how high gas will get again... we already played that game a few yrs ago at $4/gal.) and with bad tenants thats how we got so behind in bills then he got job closer to home at $2/hr pay cut, my hrs cut, bad tenants again. Finally got great tenants but 1 yr later they are moving out and hubby's job maybe going away so here we are

And I thought stress caused you to lose weight not gain it,lol

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X